I'm one of those people now...NGD

Welp, ya lost me with soldering gun. I barely have time to play the guitar lol. Maybe one day I will give it a shot. I remember being just as nervous about doing setups and I do my own setups on all my guitars, but we shall see... ;) Thanks!

Switches/smitches .. Sadly I see a Core in your future.. 58/15LT are unobtanium used and PRS will not sell you a set.

The good news is that the core has the carved top.... and purty too.

Switches/smitches .. Sadly I see a Core in your future.. 58/15LT are unobtanium used and PRS will not sell you a set.

Thanks! I have several core guitars(10 - one is the 594 SC with 58/15LT - love it!) . ;) I think I have all the core guitars I could want...currently. lol They keep me busy and have all the tones need between those, Suhr T, my SE SVN, '76 335, and Vela

You can buy the 5815LT from PRS as of recently. They released them on a "limited" basis. Who knows if they'll stick to that or not. Though they do come up pretty frequently used. I picked up mine for the same ballpark cost as most PRS pickups used. There's 33 and 5 used listed on reverb right now.

Last edited:
Ok, so I posted a new guitar 594 thinline (blue) earlier, and I loved it so much! I wanted a core with everything I want to do with it. But, I don't see what I want coming any time soon to the Core lineup, so with all my OT, I got another S2 594 thinline. RED! These are awesome and almost perfect. So now I am one of those with more than one of the same model. I am going to have my blue one, my Frankenstein and have that thing modded to everything I would want the core to be. Will it change the value? Maybe. Do I care? Nope, it's for me to play and enjoy. lol
I haven't figure out all the mods I'm going to do on it. I decided the blue one will be modded, and thus far I'm having the tuners changed to locking and the bridge pickup to a \m/ pickup. Considering getting medium jumbo SS frets on it eventually, but still deciding on it. I do want higher frets though. And I do like the feel of SS, I have a Suhr with med/jumbo SS frets. I know there is always a debate on what people do with guitars and for all my core, they will stay factory because I love them all just the way they came.

If you have suggestions to "upgrade" my S2 to "core type" especially when I comes to electronics, since I know NOTHING about it, please let me know. Unless the electronics are up to par with the core? Can they be improved?

New one is the red one, old (by a couple weeks lol) if the blue one
CejxlmL.jpg
) is the Blue:
RaXqRh1.jpg
2Ykftzb.jpg
Two of the same model? Why would anyone ever want to do that? ;););)

Last edited:
You can buy the 5815LT from PRS as of recently. They released them on a "limited" basis. Who knows if they'll stick to that or not. Though they do come up pretty frequently used. I picked up mine for the same ballpark cost as most PRS pickups used. There's 33 and 5 used listed on reverb right now.
oh cool.. i sit corrected!..

last time i checked PRS were not selling them and the only used pair was $1k.. so ok fine, not unobtainium, but close..lol

I actually am probably going to go with a more modern pickup since I already have 5815LT on my core.

Funny! It's weird. My red one is .8 lbs heavier than my blue. I wouldn't imagine there would be such a difference in weight between the same guitar. Have you noticed a similar difference?
My two SE Silver Sky’s are virtually identical. Only the most subtle of differences and I like both equally. I prefer my ‘95 CU22 over my blue ‘02. My ‘95 is more resonant and inspires me more. Of the three Singlecuts, the black one is the most resonant. Maybe because it doesn’t have the flame maple top laminated on top of plain maple top.

My two SE Silver Sky’s are virtually identical. Only the most subtle of differences and I like both equally. I prefer my ‘95 CU22 over my blue ‘02. My ‘95 is more resonant and inspires me more. Of the three Singlecuts, the black one is the most resonant. Maybe because it doesn’t have the flame maple top laminated on top of plain maple top.
My 2 I supposed sound the same for the most part but the blue one is brighter and the red one was built 8 days before my blue one. (unplugged of course). when they are plugged in they pretty much sound the same except that I now have a \m/ pickup on the bridge position of my blue one, which I like much better than the 58/15S. I guess I got lucky in all my core guitars, because I love each and every one. But again, I don't have more than 1 of the cores to make a comparison, and that will probably stay. IF I were to get another guitar, it was be a different model, something completely different than what I have already.

My 2 I supposed sound the same for the most part but the blue one is brighter and the red one was built 8 days before my blue one. (unplugged of course). when they are plugged in they pretty much sound the same except that I now have a \m/ pickup on the bridge position of my blue one, which I like much better than the 58/15S. I guess I got lucky in all my core guitars, because I love each and every one. But again, I don't have more than 1 of the cores to make a comparison, and that will probably stay. IF I were to get another guitar, it was be a different model, something completely different than what I have already.
A SE Silver Sky might be a nice add. They're as nice as a Core PRS, in my opinion. Do you own any S-type guitars? Might be nice to have one if you don't.

A SE Silver Sky might be a nice add. They're as nice as a Core PRS, in my opinion. Do you own any S-type guitars? Might be nice to have one if you don't.
Yup, my current line up is: 1976 Gibson ES335, 2007 CE22, McPherson MG3.5(acoustic), 2008 Suhr Classic T, 2010 25th anniversary P90 Mira, 2018 594 SC, 2019 S2 Vela, 2020 CU24, 2021 Silver Sky, 2021 Fiore, 2022 MEV, 2022 Santana Retro, 2022 Studio, 2022 SE Holcomb SVN, 2022 S2 594 thinline x2. I've sold all my SE's, but keeping the SVN. The only reason I got the thinline is because it has the pattern thin neck.

Back