I'm officialy a PRS Convert late NGDs thread.

RockinB23

I've been a long time Gretsch electric guitar player and a total acoustic guitar nut. I've owned some of the best Gretsch electrics available including some of the US Custom shop models. I've also owned some great acoustic guitars from some of the best brands and solo luthiers like Kevin Ryan, Froggy Bottom, Santa Cruz, Goodall, Petros, Huss and Dalton, Collings, and several others. I still own a few of these brands.

I recently went out on a limb and bought a used 2010 PRS Tonare Grand in Adirondack over Cocobolo. The guitar surpassed my high expectations in every way. In fact it held its own very well with acoustic guitars costing well over $10k!! I love the tone and the overall classy package. Its quite the guitar.

In fact this Tonare Grand impressed me so much so that I bought a NOS 2008 PRS SC Jumbo with a bigsby in natural. Being a Gretsch guy it had to have a Bigsby.
clear.png
Once again I'm completely blown away, just a crazy nice guitar that rivals the best of the best.

I give my regards to the fellas building guitars there in MD and to Paul Reed Smith himself keep up the great work!

wow! great pair!
they both look gorgeous and i'm sure they also play and sound incredible too!
i envy that SCJ particularly...
enjoy them.
cheers

Both absolutely gorgeous guitars - enjoy 'em!

Like you, I've had some great acoustics, and my Tonare is the best of the best as far as I'm concerned.

Awesome! super jealous of that Tonare! Pics of the back?

Now that makes two! What is that? Earlier this week I see a prototype guitar for Ted Nugent which resembled this body style and now I see this!
What are these called?
What are the specs?
Where can I get one (without a Bigsby)?

Its its an SC-J or sometimes they pull up on eBay under sc jumbo. It's a hair shy of 17" at the lower bought. It has arch top prs pickups. It's all solid woods with a carved top and back. It's just a crazy killer high end guitar!

Now that makes two! What is that? Earlier this week I see a prototype guitar for Ted Nugent which resembled this body style and now I see this!
What are these called?
What are the specs?
Where can I get one (without a Bigsby)?

Congrats on both guitars! This the 1st time that I have seen a guitar like the NOS 2008 PRS SC Jumbo (with or without a bigsby) posted on this forum.

T-A-S-T-Y x 2 !! Real beauties.

After whatever day in the future I finally get the DGTs of my dreams, a PRS Acoustic in on my list. :)

Goldtop Lloyd

Back