I'm feeling dirty...

Ugh, I’ve been down the diver road. Sucks! If your Dr tells you to avoid things like nuts and corn, don’t listen.
Sorry to hear you went through this! They just told me to avoid spicy food and alcohol - doesn’t mix well with the antibiotics and pain med!

Electrician had to move the appointment back a week. No lights on = no buzzing, so I’ve got a workaround during daytime hours :)

I posted here about a problem I had with buzzing in my home. Cant find the post so I will explain.
Problem was the contacts on certain breakers in the panel were worn/loose. Old panel. Caused sparks under current draw. Replaced them with new breakers and that problem is now gone. Next, found one circuit had induced voltage on it with the breaker disconnected. (Physical run of the wires, not dangerous, no current.) Not sure if this is a problem regarding noise. And last, I used a extension power bar with surge suppression. It caused my pedalboard and amps to pop (audio) when switched. Using a simple power bar got rid of the pops. Your electrician should find the cause / solution.

I posted here about a problem I had with buzzing in my home. Cant find the post so I will explain.
Problem was the contacts on certain breakers in the panel were worn/loose. Old panel. Caused sparks under current draw. Replaced them with new breakers and that problem is now gone. Next, found one circuit had induced voltage on it with the breaker disconnected. (Physical run of the wires, not dangerous, no current.) Not sure if this is a problem regarding noise. And last, I used a extension power bar with surge suppression. It caused my pedalboard and amps to pop (audio) when switched. Using a simple power bar got rid of the pops. Your electrician should find the cause / solution.
Thank you Ron.

Our panel was replaced and re-wired. We’ve verified that when the breaker is off, each circuit is indeed without power. One of our main challenges is that the prior homeowner did a large renovation back in 2004 and his electrical work was quite shoddy. Short of ripping open walls and rewiring the house (not in our budget) we have to test things one by one. We’ve had to redo several circuits already that had too much load on them in the renovated areas.

We believe the problem is caused by Lurton Maestro digital dimmers creating the interference. We’re going to take them out one by one to test. We also have installed all LED lighting which can contribute to the issue (some bulb drivers can have issues with dimmers) but since none of them are buzzing when powered on, we believe we’re ok on that front.

Thank you Ron.

One of our main challenges is that the prior homeowner did a large renovation back in 2004 and his electrical work was quite shoddy. Short of ripping open walls and rewiring the house (not in our budget) we have to test things one by one. We’ve had to redo several circuits already that had too much load on them in the renovated areas.
FWIW If the prior work wasn't permitted nor inspected you may have legal recourse depending on the wording of your purchase contract. If the work has been that shoddy you don't want to end up having to choose what to get out the door before the fire department comes.

Paul,

How are you feeling this evening? Fewer stresses, I'm hoping. Anyway, how is the circuit breaker renovation doing? No glitches along the way; cleaner circuitry?

Find the breaker feeding your amp and have the electrician swap it and the breaker with the breaker slot one above or below it. If the amp and dimmers are on the same leg of 220v (110v tap) it might cure your noise problem.

FWIW If the prior work wasn't permitted nor inspected you may have legal recourse depending on the wording of your purchase contract. If the work has been that shoddy you don't want to end up having to choose what to get out the door before the fire department comes.
Unfortunately no legal recourse on several major items. We checked in with some lawyers as the cost has added up. I’m really good at picking a house that has hidden work to fix!

Paul,

How are you feeling this evening? Fewer stresses, I'm hoping. Anyway, how is the circuit breaker renovation doing? No glitches along the way; cleaner circuitry?
Thanks CandidPicker. It’s been a tough few weeks (and years). Every day better!

Find the breaker feeding your amp and have the electrician swap it and the breaker with the breaker slot one above or below it. If the amp and dimmers are on the same leg of 220v (110v tap) it might cure your noise problem.
Thank you, John. First thing the electricians tried today, but didn’t solve the issue.

Back