I'm Done

Hey guys;

This is a cool forum and everyone seems to be a good guy.
I have about 30 guitars, 12 of which are PRS.
Fabulous, beautiful guitars.

I guess that I'm just too old, way to much experience.
Can't really connect with anyone on the forum.

Just wastin' everyone's time. I'm done, all the best.

Take Care.

If you get absolutely nothing out of this forum, I supposed that it would be a waste of your time. But that does not appear to be the case. I looked over some of your posts and you seem to connect here as well as anyone else.

Just because you don't get a rush of responses or a rash of people quoting what you post doesn't mean that people aren't paying attention. Have a look at the membership roster. Re-order it by number of posts. You will see that most of the members here read a lot and post very little and there are very few who post every day or even every week.

I would suggest that you stick around and re-evaluate what it is that you personally want from the forum. I have been on here since last Summer and I still feel like a new guy since many of the members know one another from other forums and have shared pasts I will never know.

But I learn things here and though I don't feel I have as much to offer musically as most of the other members, I still post quite a bit.

+1

But if you are reading this, you already have.

If you get absolutely nothing out of this forum, I supposed that it would be a waste of your time. But that does not appear to be the case. I looked over some of your posts and you seem to connect here as well as anyone else.

Just because you don't get a rush of responses or a rash of people quoting what you post doesn't mean that people aren't paying attention. Have a look at the membership roster. Re-order it by number of posts. You will see that most of the members here read a lot and post very little and there are very few who post every day or even every week.

I would suggest that you stick around and re-evaluate what it is that you personally want from the forum. I have been on here since last Summer and I still feel like a new guy since many of the members know one another from other forums and have shared pasts I will never know.

But I learn things here and though I don't feel I have as much to offer musically as most of the other members, I still post quite a bit.

I hate to see anyone go, especially under the perception of a somewhat cool reception. Granted, any new social situation will have a bit of a feeling out process but it seems the more you get in the mix the better it goes for all parties involved. We are an eclectic bunch, varying interests, differing musical tastes etc, but we all have one common thread and it's what drew us here in the first place, PRS guitars. The finest instruments the world has to offer... The camaraderie and friendship is a bonus! So seriously, reconsider...

Hey guys;

This is a cool forum and everyone seems to be a good guy.
I have about 30 guitars, 12 of which are PRS.
Fabulous, beautiful guitars.

I guess that I'm just too old, way to much experience.
Can't really connect with anyone on the forum.

Just wastin' everyone's time. I'm done, all the best.

Take Care.

Hell no. You ain't leaving until you show us the letterman's jacket and all those PRS!

:rock:

Just looking at the responses here shows the diversity of people that are here. However, this is not Facebook, this is the PRS guitar forum, where the general discussion direction for many of us is about guitars. Fighting in bars ... not so much. Since you're a PRS owner ... we hope you will stay and join with us as you need or want to. It's also free ...

Take a break and sit on it for a bit.

Lots of things to talk about on here. Sometimes you'll be 'in' on the conversation and sometimes you won't. Best not to overthink it and to remember that at the heart of this forum we all have one thing in common that unites us.

I like the idea about showing us some of those 12 PRS guitars. Hate to see you go. Please feel free to come back anytime.

I think he should reconsider...I care that someone feels that they haven't connected....maybe responses like this made him feel unwelcome. Your sentiments do not reflect how I feel or many others feel.

This is a public forum, and if someone is unhappy or disappointed, they are free to leave...right? There is no fee to be here. Kinda like the kid that had to get a trophy even if they lost....the original poster sounded kinda pathetic to me. I have seen this same kind of whoa-is-me kinda stuff on other forums...if you don't like what's on, simply change the channel.

This is a public forum, and if someone is unhappy or disappointed, they are free to leave...right? There is no fee to be here. Kinda like the kid that had to get a trophy even if they lost....the original poster sounded kinda pathetic to me. I have seen this same kind of whoa-is-me kinda stuff on other forums...if you don't like what's on, simply change the channel.

I can't disagree with you, but I always want to keep the party going... if somebody just needs a little encouragement to stick around and get down, I'll offer it. Once.

I can't disagree with you, but I always want to keep the party going... if somebody just needs a little encouragement to stick around and get down, I'll offer it. Once.

Ok..I get ya..that's a good point...the more the merrier....

Weird post. I almost never post here, but if I decided to never come here again, I'd just delete the bookmark, not start a "Hey, pay attention to me, I'm leaving!!" thread. I see your name at the bottom of the page, so I guess you're reading this. Which is weird, because you already announced that you're leaving.

I wish you'd stay. I always read your posts.

Thx man;

As usual, didn't explain myself very well. The word "experience" was a poor choice as was the title... not often that I'm a loss for words (lol). I'm on the dark side of 55 and often feel totally out of touch. I don't feel that I have much to offer in terms of the actual guitars, I really only play three, my Studio, CU24 and acoustic. They get gigged regularly. All the others just sit around looking pretty. When someone asks whether a 58/10 is better than DGT pickup, I have absolutely no idea. I like what they come with stock for the most part. The only thing I know about pickups and amps is that there is an overwhelming choice of them and I simply don't have a clue.

This will be one of the comments that probably gets me in trouble and puts people's noses out of joint at times ... as long as the equipment is reasonable, I always sound like myself for better or worse. I'm pretty good at putting "lipstick on a pig" as far as playing with crappy gear. I also think that guitarists, in particular, spend way too much time and effort on this endless, obsessive quest for the "holy grail" of gear and tone. It simply doesn't exist. It's made by supremely talented musicians. There is nothing magic about a "PAF". It's a pickup, some wires wrapped around a magnet ... pickups are not high science. It's magic because of the guitarists who indelibly put their stamp on it, and they were likely sitting around with their buddies sayin' "damn, these pickups suck. wish i could find something better" (lol). If you are recording, a music engineer, charging people for your services, own/working in a studio, then, yeah, tone and gear become more important but they don't make the musician nor the music. They would be far better off putting the time and effort into developing their skills by practice, jamming and playing in a band. It's all about your level of skill, creativity and musicality not gear.

Muscially, playin' in bands, things I've seen and done over the years ... I feel I have some interesting tidbits here and there. I tend to focus on where I've been, what I've seen and what I've been doing lately. I try to relate stuff that might be of general interest to some, yak about my experiences and express an opinion or two. That always offends someone ... that's life. If you have an open mind, it might be possible to learn something from some of my posts. Like my dear, old Dad said as he kicked me out into the cold, cruel working world ... "Son, remember you will always learn more from your enemies, than you ever will from your friends". He also said ... "don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out", his name was also "Sue", but that's a different story. I suspect that a lot of members think I'm arrogant and self-serving. That isn't my intent, but I don't understand why I should pretend that I can't play. I know a lot of guys here can play, many much better than me.

Sometimes, when a person goes out to a bar, "sh1t happens", sometimes a person has a bad nite and vents a little. Like one member put it to me rather well ... "if you don't like my posts, don't read them, particularly don't comment on them" ... I learned something from that and try to make sure it doesn't happen anymore.

Were I come from, the highest compliment you can pay a male, is that he is a "good guy". I like everyone on the forum and think everyone is a good guy. Not every hour, not every every minute, not every second but the vast majority of the time, just like I try to be.

To all the nasty message posters on this thread, please see my post re: "Sweet Home Alabama" ... never mind, I'll save you the effort ... you can all "Kiss My Ass".
Go listen to "Good Rockin' Tonight" by Powder Blues ... cheer you up and you can tap your toes while sittin' on the can wankin' away.

p.s. I'm posting because I have a lot of respect for some the guys that took the time to respond.

Last edited:
Seriously, there are lots of folks here who are over 55. No worries!

Also...I get people P.O.ed all the time. I don't mean to, but it happens. And eventually they either forgive me, or they ignore me. However, I'm working on just relaxing, being more accepting of other peoples' opinions, etc. After all, this is supposed to be part of the fun of the PRS experience. If someone disagrees with you, let it go.

And re: another thing you mentioned -- of course we sound like ourselves regardless of what we play -- in one sense. This is one of the great things about being a string player -- you are manipulating the sound-making apparatus with your fingers. On other instruments - a piano is a good example - though you can vary touch, etc., you don't have the opportunity to have as direct an influence on the outcome of the tone as you do with a guitar.

So with a guitar, there is a feedback loop between your fingers, your instrument/amp, your ears, your brain, and back to your hands. You are adjusting the tones to produce sounds you want to hear, as you play, even in the middle of a note, and you're doing it on the fly. Then listening, and making more adjustments. No wonder we sound like ourselves.

Then, too, the physical makeup of your hands, ears, etc., influence what tones you can make.

The question is, can we come a little closer to how we WANT to sound, and can PRS gear help us achieve that? Can we have an easier time producing the tones in our personal feedback loop? I think the answer is "yes." I just had a friend over on Friday (a very good player) who told me I've never sounded better, and that he was digging my tone more than ever. So clearly something is happening. In my case, I believe that's because I'm not fighting the gear to make my sound happen, it's just plain easier for me when I play my PRS gear.

So I sound like me. But I sound like a better-sounding me. With PRS gear, I'm me on a very good day. And that is a priceless commodity!

I think if you stick around, you will also see that the Forum is a positive feedback loop. No need to be angry with people who disagree or even make a nasty comment. It's just part of the deal.

Anyway, it seems like you're staying, and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
This is one of the great things about being a string player -- you are manipulating the sound-making apparatus with your fingers. On other instruments - a piano is a good example - though you can vary touch, etc., you don't have the opportunity to have as direct an influence on the outcome of the tone as you do with a guitar.

So with a guitar, there is a feedback loop between your fingers, your instrument/amp, your ears, your brain, and back to your hands. You are adjusting the tones to produce sounds you want to hear, as you play, even in the middle of a note, and you're doing it on the fly. Then listening, and making more adjustments. No wonder we sound like ourselves.

:star:

Back