I'm Done

I've said before that the mods here all do a great job, and the atmosphere here is outstanding. Better to have 100 threads cut off too early than to have one cut off too late.

I've said before that the mods here all do a great job, and the atmosphere here is outstanding. Better to have 100 threads cut off too early than to have one cut off too late.

nothing to do with the post, but i owe you an apology from an earlier thread.
ignore dicks like me and keep on keepin' on.

i screwed up ... this is for rango, for whatever it's worth.

People come here because they want to talk about guitars and gear and music and bands and occasionally what their favorite movies are or what they did over the weekend. There are other places to discuss politically charged topics such as guns, abortion, voting rights, foreign policy and the like. But this isn’t the place. People want to come here and have some fun and interesting discussion, they aren’t looking to defend their beliefs or listen to others try to defend theirs. Some other forums are open to this type of discussion (most are not) but I find the “anything goes” type of forums don’t have a lot of members. Maybe it’s because of the lack of decorum or maybe not? Either way, we started this place to have fun and we’re trying to keep it on track, so post some pics of your favorite PRS or post a link to the gig your band just played. Have fun, relax, enjoy.

In the case of the guy that brought up guns and the other members that were sharing pics, I think the intention was just to say, "Hey look we all love PRS guitars, are any of us into guns, too? Do we have other hobbies in common?" I didn't think it was unreasonable. I bet if he said, "Hey anyone like to go camping?" that wouldn't have gotten his thread locked. I just feel the mods here are a little overzealous with controlling the conversations (and they feel that way too apparently based on the reply above). I, personally, like a forum to have a little more freedom to express and not so much control by the mods, but that's just my preference. This is also sooooo far down on my list of stuff to worry about, that I won't make any more comments on the topic (in this thread anyway ...can't speak for future posts lol).

I've been moderating guitar forums for 13 years. This place is a paradise compared to some...

The Gun thread: Shawn felt it would get political. He's probably right. We used to allow gun discussions (the tool, not the politics) on the other forums I moderated. EVERY freakin' one of them turned political, despite warnings. Some folks were banned due their continued breaking of the "no politics" rule. Personally, I have no problem with those threads, as long as they stay apolitical. But, that -never- happens. I didn't mind the extra moderating work, but this is not my forum and those decisions are above my pay grade. I'll abide by Shawn's decisions...

The Non-PRS guitar thread: This is a PRS discussion board. Discussing the merits of competitors is frowned upon, and just plain rude...

As to any other locked thread, I can't think of any off the top of my head, that didn't turn ugly...

Jamie

Starting a gun/religious/etc thread and saying it can stay as long as it doesn't get political is like telling people they can only shop at Walmart if they promise to stay classy.

Starting a gun/religious/etc thread and saying it can stay as long as it doesn't get political is like telling people they can only shop at Walmart if they promise to stay classy.

Hey, I shop at WalMart (I buy ammo there) and I'm one classy mutha' fuc... Er... Never mind...

Hey, I shop at WalMart (I buy ammo there) and I'm one classy mutha' fuc... Er... Never mind...

And his movies, too!

4823.jpg

But at least you don't always go alone...

4804.jpg

I know, I know...STOP LOOKING AT YOU! :vroam:

In the case of the guy that brought up guns and the other members that were sharing pics, I think the intention was just to say, "Hey look we all love PRS guitars, are any of us into guns, too? Do we have other hobbies in common?" I didn't think it was unreasonable. I bet if he said, "Hey anyone like to go camping?" that wouldn't have gotten his thread locked. I just feel the mods here are a little overzealous with controlling the conversations (and they feel that way too apparently based on the reply above). I, personally, like a forum to have a little more freedom to express and not so much control by the mods, but that's just my preference. This is also sooooo far down on my list of stuff to worry about, that I won't make any more comments on the topic (in this thread anyway ...can't speak for future posts lol).

I work for Paul Reed Smith Guitars and you don't, so we see things differently. Discussions about camping rarely gets political, discussions about guns rarely avoid politics, so your analogy doesn’t hold water. Shot full of holes perhaps? Either way, move on dude, there are plenty of things to talk about that don’t straddle the line of politics.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;68315 said:
Can I just tell you how bad I want one of those tents for my truck?
Just do it!
http://autohomeus.com/rooftop/maggiolinaAirlander.php

Getting ready to clean the scum from winter off mine soon, and put some boat wax on it.
Then pop it open, wash the sheets, fluff the down comforter, and get it ready for summer.
I only lost around 1 MPG with it up there full time.

I work for Paul Reed Smith Guitars and you don't, so we see things differently. Discussions about camping rarely gets political, discussions about guns rarely avoid politics, so your analogy doesn’t hold water. Shot full of holes perhaps? Either way, move on dude, there are plenty of things to talk about that don’t straddle the line of politics.

Very well said Shawn.

Back