I'm a PRS guy now

Hussey

30 years of picking and bending...
I was never really a fan of the bird inlays...and then I found this. My 03' Custom 24
HC4za9e.jpg

Nice.
Both of my S2 Miras have dots too.
There's nothing really wrong with the birds, they make the PRS's stand out. Just not thing. I had a chance to get Ibanez Jem one time for a really good price and I passed it up cuz' I didnt like the flowers ....

I started off anti-bird/pro-moon just like you, but I actually now have 2 out of 4 PRS guitars with the old school birds and still just the one with moons. I'm so picky when it comes to tones and playability and neck carves and such, fretboard inlay is way down the list.

For the record..I have no ill will toward the birds.. I traded my MusicMan Luke III, straight across...if this new guitar would of had the bird inlays, I still would have taken it. .. I've wanted a PRS forever..but I was pretty happy to see the moons and the regular pattern neck felt like it was made for my hand.

For the record..I have no ill will toward the birds.. I traded my MusicMan Luke III, straight across...if this new guitar would of had the bird inlays, I still would have taken it. .. I've wanted a PRS forever..but I was pretty happy to see the moons and the regular pattern neck felt like it was made for my hand.

It's all in jest ;) My CE has dots and my Torero has no inlays. My others all have birds though.

Back