I'll Tell You What Color Your Blue Guitar Wants To Be.

Your guitar is an avid huntsman and a big Ted Nugent fanatic. While you're away at work it listens to Scarborough Country on the radio and defends Jimmy John's owner on Facebook. It wishes for nothing less than to be "Whackmastered" in Zebra print with a soft pink underside.
Ok cool, sending to PTC ASAP!

On magnificent swami, please tell me what this ocean teal desires to be.
DSC_0004-1.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg
With the maple fretboard, I actually kind of like the solid blue. It's almost got a Charger/muscle car vibe to it. Don't tell Serge I said anything, though, he's trying to rest.

I talked to my guitar today and it went something like this.

Me: sergiodeblanc tells me that you don't really want to be a blue guitar and that he will tell us what color you should be.
Guitar: Oh yea?
Me: Yea, isn't that great?
Guitar: No
Me: Why?
Guitar: Tell sergio to blow it out his ass.
Me: NO! I can't do that. We like sergio.
Guitar: What's this "we" stuff? You got a mouse in your pocket?
Me: Okay fine. You don't have to be rude about it. You can stay blue if you want. He was just trying to be helpful.
Guitar: Are we done here?
Me: Yes already! I said you can stay blue.
PRS-2013-CU24-Blueburst_252.jpg

My blue matteo 07 satin singlecut says you should mind your own business and quit going around trying to change things! she says she's perfectly happy being the color she is ,and SATIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

Actually my wood talks to me too, and my transparent red SE Standard confessed to me yesterday that it really wants to be vivid royal blue!

Actually my wood talks to me too, and my transparent red SE Standard confessed to me yesterday that it really wants to be vivid royal blue!
It used to be the case (90s?) that blondes would colour their hair, brunettes would colour their hair or bleach their hair, but redheads would always be redheads.

So I think you're mishearing your wood, sir. I think you should post a pic of it, so that we can all listen to it.

Your guitar is a traditionalist with a secret. It spend the night crusin' the dark-internet lookin' for Modernes,Explorers, and Corvus' to make music with but, during the day I lives a more vanilla life filled with business meetings and and worship band practice.

It want's to be a a Sparkled Flake Sunburst, just so it can go from the day to the evening without much adaptation to its look. And just like that dude wearing guy-liner and nail polish at work to feel a little naughty, its begging you to ask about what he (your guitar identifies as male) does on the nights and weekends.

CB4C67D2-5622-4230-9944-B426FD382736_zpsquaftfip.jpg

Whale Blue McCarty 10 Top

This guitar loves Christmas. It is among a growing group of people that enjoy leaving their decorations and lights up all year 'round and collects Santa figurines. While it isn't necessarily very Christian, it is obsessed with the winter holiday. Therefore it wishes to be Emerald on top, with White-washed binding, and a Fire Red back.

The color scheme also works well with it because it's of Mexican and Italian decent, and it's begging you to try salsa on pasta sometime.

Mmm...salsa on spaghetti, I'll have to try that. I've mixed meat sauce with chili, so that's kind of an Italo-Tex-Mex kind of thing going on, isn't it?

This is all I've got in blue:

Rics are odd beasts. Forever I wanted a 4001 or 4003, but almost every one I played in my life was horrendous. Bad feel, bad sound, and loaded with hum and buzz.

Some years ago I stumbled on an awesome natural maple 4003, but didn't have the cash. Just last week I hapoened upon a natural walnut 4003 that looks great, feels good and sounds great..... only to find that the "gotta have one" phase of my life has passed! Perhaps if I were still playing bass regularly in a band I'd drop the $1900 on it, but I am not playing the basses I have. So I took a pass.

Rics are odd beasts. Forever I wanted a 4001 or 4003, but almost every one I played in my life was horrendous. Bad feel, bad sound, and loaded with hum and buzz.

Some years ago I stumbled on an awesome natural maple 4003, but didn't have the cash. Just last week I hapoened upon a natural walnut 4003 that looks great, feels good and sounds great..... only to find that the "gotta have one" phase of my life has passed! Perhaps if I were still playing bass regularly in a band I'd drop the $1900 on it, but I am not playing the basses I have. So I took a pass.
I hear ya on that. I've played a lot of 4003s I didn't like or had major neck dive issues. I lucked up on this one, was a blemished model i got from MF for cheap. I put a set of JBE humbuckers (Bardens) and a hipshot brass bridge and now it rocks. I like the feel of it over the Hamer Cruise, it's a rock machine now.

Is that Hamer one with a 2tek?

As for Ric's, I agree, they can be beasts sometimes but that's was my first guitar so I didn't know any difference. I just wanted to be Chris Squire or Geddy.

Back