If you own more than one PRS....

Maybe that German guy? :confused:
giphy.gif

Depends on the situation. all my PRS get played every 2 weeks, with tweaks as necessary. Just finished a run of Momma Mia with 4 keyboard players. I took my SE cu24. If I took a core and anybody chipped it, I’d have to execute them right then and there. I usually use an SE 245 for the same reason. This show called for a lot of very high playing and that 70’s-80’s rock thing. Last 2 nights have been the blues. S2 studio made me VERY happy sound wise while dueling with the local hot shot on a killer Custom Shop Junior. If a girlfriend is there, it’s core all the way,

These days i keep a few guitars out of their case to play daily, ever since I put hooks up on the wall.

I have favorites for live use, and try and play all the others at home, rotating what's left out.

Sometimes it's as simple as the one with the oldest strings gets left out to play.

My LP is the only guitar to always stay out, never leave the house, and rarely even gets plugged in.

Sadly my cu24 gets the least time at the moment, whereas it used to get 95% and be #1 at every gig! I'm just not feeling the thin necks currently.

I over-analyzeth too much. So much so that I figure that my Cu24 is my everyday PRS (I also have an everyday LP and an everyday Strat) therefore I play it more than the other PRSi. The Cu24 can do most of everything I need it to do and it’s easy to play... ‘Lenny’ on it doesn’t sound like a Strat and ‘Lucille’ doesnt sound like a Gibson but that’s why I have those other guitars for those specific sounds. For everything else, the Custom works out just fine.

The guitar I love is my McCarty, every time I play it, I can’t believe how perfect it is for me, but I also don’t want to drop it or scratch it or keep it under lights for too long.

Then there’s the korina. It’s similar to the beloved McCarty but has a much rounder neck that I don’t like as much ... however it’s pickups are phenomenally 3D-ish.

So basically I play the Cu24 more often, and I drag it around with me to practice, but if I only had one guitar to play for enjoyment, it would definitely be the McCarty. If I were recording, that one guitar would be the Korina because of the tones it produces. If I were touring, I don’t know. I’d want the McCarty but I’d be scared.

I over-analyzeth too much. So much so that I figure that my Cu24 is my everyday PRS (I also have an everyday LP and an everyday Strat) therefore I play it more than the other PRSi. The Cu24 can do most of everything I need it to do and it’s easy to play... ‘Lenny’ on it doesn’t sound like a Strat and ‘Lucille’ doesnt sound like a Gibson but that’s why I have those other guitars for those specific sounds. For everything else, the Custom works out just fine.

The guitar I love is my McCarty, every time I play it, I can’t believe how perfect it is for me, but I also don’t want to drop it or scratch it or keep it under lights for too long.

Then there’s the korina. It’s similar to the beloved McCarty but has a much rounder neck that I don’t like as much ... however it’s pickups are phenomenally 3D-ish.

So basically I play the Cu24 more often, and I drag it around with me to practice, but if I only had one guitar to play for enjoyment, it would definitely be the McCarty. If I were recording, that one guitar would be the Korina because of the tones it produces. If I were touring, I don’t know. I’d want the McCarty but I’d be scared.

Paul would make a few to take on tour!:D

PS is #1 with band. I’d say my black McStandard or NF3 get played most at home. Then it purely depends on mood.

Back