If you own more than one PRS....

For me it comes down to what i'm trying to play at the moment genre wise. If i'm not doing anything important...it's definitely what fits my mood of music im gunna play and how much time i have. Multiple amps, multiple PRS ....I'm never left sad lol...well unless im playing sad songs.

My 2 PRS are not in the same tuning. E standard for the SCT and D standard for the CE 22. So it depend what I want to play. But I wonder if this strategy really works... Now I would like to have on more CU22 or SCT to have it also in D standard... GAS is endless :D

i have 4 prs guitars , i keep them in the cases so they dont get dust or sweat on them , I might need to get professional help. I hope no one makes fun of me.
i should hide my face , i should be shunned ,.I should be who knows what.
You’ve come to the right asylum....
giphy.gif

And I have a couple that I don’t play at all. I know: Disgraceful, blasphemy, beyond comprehension, “doctorly, dentistry-ee, lawyerly”, nerdy, unownerly, and criminal.

Yep.

I could help out with that! Just saying for a friend.:oops:

I have two. My first was my Paul's. So there is an emotional attachment to it. My second was my HB 1. And it is so light that maybe it is slightly my favorite to play for that reason.

I would say that I play the HB 1 53.47% of the time and my Paul's 46.53% of the time.

One 100% of the time.

i have 4 prs guitars , i keep them in the cases so they dont get dust or sweat on them , I might need to get professional help. I hope no one makes fun of me.

You have at least one ally here!

My profile picture shows an SE from the first year. I bought it at the neighborhood shop for my son when he was 12. He gravitated towards drums and it sat, unused, for a decade. I had I turned into a Jerry Garcia style Frankenstein with three DiMarzio Super Distortion Hum buckers, six position pick up switch, push pull pots for single coils, and an onboard effects loop. It is the cleanest sounding guitar I own. It’s not getting much playing time.

My second PRS is a 2003 McCarty 245 Gold Top Double Cut. I replaced the Duncan Soap Bars with Harmonic Design pickups. I play it with the blues band into a PRS 50 watt H head.

As a good friend mine says occasionally while opening a case ..................... Hey, I forgot all about this one :eek:

So this feels like a NGD all over again. Getting 2 NGD feelings from one guitar could mean it is a bargain!! :D:D

A walk into my living room is like strolling into the lobby of the Chicken Ranch (I’m assuming)...”first I’d like her, then her, then that one, and if I still have the energy, that one. That saves a few for tomorrow”. For gigs, it’s about application. If in doubt, DGT.

I was thinking the same thing, but for the Bunny Ranch. (Yes, I'm partial to the women, but to each his own). :D

I don't play my guitars equally unless I'm testing out some other piece of equipment. For example I bought a Strymon Iridium and a 15th Anniversary Timmy V3 in the last week. I've been going through all of my guitars with the pedals to figure out what the best application will be. My PRS guitars had been in the back of the rotation for a few months and the new pedals gave me a chance to play them again. Fun was had by all.

Then, by all means, buy more blue guitars. They won't fade in your care. ;)

I have 4 that get the most of my playing time. My 89 cu24 will probably never be gigged because I worry about it being damaged or stolen. I record with it a lot because it sounds good.

My McCarty has been getting the most play time lately. I absolutely love the 8515 neck pickup I have in it.

Ce24 has been recorded a bunch. It is a comfortable guitar to play and feels like home.

My 2011 cu24 is maybe by best sounding guitar, I'll never sell it.

Now that I have an HB I really want to record it.

I have an odd question concerning recording an HB. Do any of you throw a mic on the guitar itself to blend with what comes out of the speaker???

Back