If you own more than one PRS....

And I have a couple that I don’t play at all. I know: Disgraceful, blasphemy, beyond comprehension, “doctorly, dentistry-ee, lawyerly”, nerdy, unownerly, and criminal.

Yep.

Don't forget...

Dog-cone-the-right-choice-for-your-lab-LS-long-696x377.jpg

the cone of shame!

I have two. My first was my Paul's. So there is an emotional attachment to it. My second was my HB 1. And it is so light that maybe it is slightly my favorite to play for that reason.

I would say that I play the HB 1 53.47% of the time and my Paul's 46.53% of the time.

I usually try to be impartial towards one or the other. One might have a different weight and resultant tone, the other, lighter and its own tone. The acoustic is for when the amp is off the table.

Either S2 is built the same way, except for finish and perhaps some minor electronic repair adjustments. Each has its own characteristics, it mostly depends on how long I might practice vs. weight relief...

I like to get in my home studio at least twice a week and jamb on about 6-8 guitars over the course of about 2 yrs.

I'll play my '09 DGT, my new to me '95 Custom 24, and then I'll play my Tom A's, Suhr, Gibson 335, and then some Fender Tele's and Strats. and finally some acoustics.

I feel it's important for me to be able to navigate all these guitar's necks with ease and feel comfortable with them.

You just never know when you might end up going to a jam or having to fill in last notice for a friend at a gig ,and figure only a certain guitar will fit the bill.

I want to be able to pick up any of my guitars and be able to play with confidence.

I will say that I prefer some of my guitars because of the neck, weight and versatility of the tones available, but they ALL get some love at one time or another.

I play the latest one the most (currently the McCarty 594) and then after a while it just goes into rotation. When I go to play, I look at the wall and just pick the one I’m feeling right then. And if one hasn’t gotten played in a few weeks, I’ll pick that one. Guitars that I don’t play for a while don’t hang around too long here.

Due to the ongoing move I haven’t been able to play as most are stored offsite. I’ll get to play a few this week :)

My PS build gets the most time since years of empirical research went into it. I try to rotate among the others. The new Orca truly is killer though :eek:

Back