If you own more than one PRS....

P90s

Do you play them all equally? Do you gravitate to one for a while (days or weeks or months) and then latch onto another for days/weeks/months.....then another (eg., you're a serial monogamist) or do you randomly pick up different PRS guitars on a daily basis?

It varies. Sometimes it just to play a certain guitar I haven't played in a while. Sometimes it's based on the controls. Sometimes it's nothing more than convenience. Sometimes it's just because this is the tone I want to hear today. And sometimes it's to force myself to think differently.

Recording is a different story - that's driven by what guitar I think is going to fit the song the best.

I have a number one, but try to give each one some love equally. I feel that if there is one not getting played - it should go.

I maybe had 12 or so and am down to 4 core PRS. I could get down to one if needed as I never break a string.

As Sergio said it is an emotional thing as to which one gets the nod.

It depends. One venue I play regularly starts off with an acoustic set followed by full-band electric so my hollowbody piezo gets a lot of love there. If I'm just doing electric I tend to bounce back and forth between the McCarty and custom 24 based on my mood. At home I gravitate to the McCarty unless I'm recording then I'll go for the 24.

Luck of the draw for me. Just whatever looks like it needs playing. It will trend towards the newest in, but eventually they'll work into the rotation. Plus, I use four different tunings so that will go into the decision too.

95% of my PRS playing time is divided between the NF3 and Custom 24. The Semi-hollow LTD C22 is my "special occasions" guitar and my older C22 needs a volume pot, so it gets an occasional tickle until I get it fixed.

I disproportionately play my silver sky more than my SC245. I don't love the 245, but it's a great guitar. I just love the sound and feel of the SS.

Since buying a number of SE & S2 guitars, I find myself pretty much ignoring my F & G guitars. (they still get occasional attention)

So my choice of guitar at any particular time boils down to which neck carve I prefer at the moment or whether I want to use humbuckers or soapbars.

If I find myself not touching a particular guitar for a few months, then I’ll pull it out of its case and remind myself why I bought it in the first place. (it’s like Christmas all over again)

For gigs it's, first, about what's new. Second, it's about looks. Third, it's about what I'm wearing, lol. Doing a session it's about what'll sit the material best. Usually it's a 22 fret bolt on or set-neck. Sitting around the house it's a free for all - just whatever I feel like playing.

I feel very blessed to have more than one Core, let alone as many as I do. I try to use them all as much possible.

Only have two and they’ve been getting around 50/50 playtime intentionally for wear leveling. It helps that they have similar voice and identical control layouts.

Back