If you name them, how do you decide?

No names here. Get off my lawn.
Pffft!!! Cranial capacity doesn’t exist for anyone to accomplish that feat. You can’t remember where they are, much less their names. :p
…Funny...I actually yelled at a kid that was riding a scooter dangerously close to the GG's car, just the other day.
As you should. Throw some old fashioned jacks in the street and see how cool they are doing the cheese grater on their face. (I know you know something about this ;)). Hooligans!

In addition to mentioning names of his guitars in other threads, Mr. @Aahzz started a thread on March 14, 2021 titled "Do you name your guitars?"!

I do name at least some of my gits and others (mostly the ones I have owned for 30 years) do not have names, and I am starting to feel like they deserve names, but will not be forcing it.

My McCarty 594 HBII is Hoorman Gitfiddle (just had his first birthday on Jan 15, 2022) because I love the term gitfiddle. This is about as close as a modern guitar can be to the definition of a gitfiddle and the individual who turned me on to that term gitfiddle is named Hoorman (one of the best bass players I have ever personally known) hence the name.

PRS_HoormanGitfiddle_Born_2021Jan15.jpg

My core CU24 is Birtha Luna Bluvi! She was "born" (Birtha = birthed on) on the Wolf Moon (hence Luna) of Jan 28, 2021 and the Bluvi comes from the Blue Violet Burst finish.

PRS_BirthaLunaBluvi_Born_2021Jan28.jpg

My PS CU24 was also born on Jan 28, 2021 (Birtha's twin brother - both CU24's and both born on Jan 28, 2021) and is named Wolfy MooNAMM. Wolfy comes from it being "born" on the Wolf Moon of 2021 and the NAMM merged with the word moon is because it was a model that was built by PRS for the 2021 Winter NAMM!​
PRS_WolfyMooNAMM_Born_2021Jan28.jpg
My EBMM Stingray is named Pele because it has a Lava Pearl paint job and Pele is the Hawaiian Goddess of the Volcanoes!

My Martin J-40 I affectionately refer to as J Fo (like J-Lo but fo for forty)!

My Hwy 1 Strat (owned since 2006), Eko Kadett (owned since 1992 - I think it named itself though with brand and model), Martin D12-20 (which I have owned since 1991), my Steinberger XM2T (which I have owned since 1990), my "beach" guitar (acoustic from mfr Carlos in South Korea) and my Ukulele do not yet have names. I have wanted to name them, but it has just never come to me and like my music, I refuse to force it!

My two Harley's are Road Warrior (2000 Heritage Springer - have ridden it through rain, sleet, snow, hail, mud, etc.) and Primadonna (100th Anniversary Screamin' Eagle Deuce). The 1960 Cadillac I owned for 10 years was Maxwell Catillac. Other rides have not earned their names! My pet pig (who passed away 5 years ago ) was Pablo "Cruise" Pigasso!!! Named a cat Mickey once because Mick Ronson was on my radio on the way home from the humane society! Same scenario with a friend who adopted a female dog (I think they are called bitches), on the way home from picking her up, we were trying to figure out what to name her. On the radio came The Doors singing "Gloria"! I looked at my friend and said "That's her name". She was like "What's her name?". "Gloria" I said! She laughed and said "yes, you are right" (but it wasn't me, it was Jimbo who named that dog, I just pointed it out). Great dog she was! Current cats are Lyle (Lovett) and Reba (Macintyre) but those names were given by the humane society and we adopted them as a pair. The names seemed to fit so we let them sit! But I digress!

Some people think it is stupid, I find it to be amusing and entertaining to name lot's of stuff, but as mentioned above, I don't force names on things and many items that have been with me for more than half my life, that I love dearly, still don't have names! That's my 17 cents!

In addition to mentioning names of his guitars in other threads, Mr. @Aahzz started a thread on March 14, 2021 titled "Do you name your guitars?"!

I do name at least some of my gits and others (mostly the ones I have owned for 30 years) do not have names, and I am starting to feel like they deserve names, but will not be forcing it.

My McCarty 594 HBII is Hoorman Gitfiddle (just had his first birthday on Jan 15, 2022) because I love the term gitfiddle. This is about as close as a modern guitar can be to the definition of a gitfiddle and the individual who turned me on to that term gitfiddle is named Hoorman (one of the best bass players I have ever personally known) hence the name.

PRS_HoormanGitfiddle_Born_2021Jan15.jpg

My core CU24 is Birtha Luna Bluvi! She was "born" (Birtha = birthed on) on the Wolf Moon (hence Luna) of Jan 28, 2021 and the Bluvi comes from the Blue Violet Burst finish.

PRS_BirthaLunaBluvi_Born_2021Jan28.jpg

My PS CU24 was also born on Jan 28, 2021 (Birtha's twin brother - both CU24's and both born on Jan 28, 2021) and is named Wolfy MooNAMM. Wolfy comes from it being "born" on the Wolf Moon of 2021 and the NAMM merged with the word moon is because it was a model that was built by PRS for the 2021 Winter NAMM!​
PRS_WolfyMooNAMM_Born_2021Jan28.jpg
My EBMM Stingray is named Pele because it has a Lava Pearl paint job and Pele is the Hawaiian Goddess of the Volcanoes!

My Martin J-40 I affectionately refer to as J Fo (like J-Lo but fo for forty)!

My Hwy 1 Strat (owned since 2006), Eko Kadett (owned since 1992 - I think it named itself though with brand and model), Martin D12-20 (which I have owned since 1991), my Steinberger XM2T (which I have owned since 1990), my "beach" guitar (acoustic from mfr Carlos in South Korea) and my Ukulele do not yet have names. I have wanted to name them, but it has just never come to me and like my music, I refuse to force it!

My two Harley's are Road Warrior (2000 Heritage Springer - have ridden it through rain, sleet, snow, hail, mud, etc.) and Primadonna (100th Anniversary Screamin' Eagle Deuce). The 1960 Cadillac I owned for 10 years was Maxwell Catillac. Other rides have not earned their names! My pet pig (who passed away 5 years ago ) was Pablo "Cruise" Pigasso!!! Named a cat Mickey once because Mick Ronson was on my radio on the way home from the humane society! Same scenario with a friend who adopted a female dog (I think they are called bitches), on the way home from picking her up, we were trying to figure out what to name her. On the radio came The Doors singing "Gloria"! I looked at my friend and said "That's her name". She was like "What's her name?". "Gloria" I said! She laughed and said "yes, you are right" (but it wasn't me, it was Jimbo who named that dog, I just pointed it out). Great dog she was! Current cats are Lyle (Lovett) and Reba (Macintyre) but those names were given by the humane society and we adopted them as a pair. The names seemed to fit so we let them sit! But I digress!

Some people think it is stupid, I find it to be amusing and entertaining to name lot's of stuff, but as mentioned above, I don't force names on things and many items that have been with me for more than half my life, that I love dearly, still don't have names! That's my 17 cents!

Totally missed that one somehow?:confused:

But more importantly HOLY CRAP MAN! Those are KILLER!!

Yeah the naming thing is strictly for my own amusement and it increases my joy. Heck I "nicknamed" my wife the Ginger Goddess!
Back in the day, when I was "playing the field" I nick named all the women I dated, so I didn't mix their names up and take a beat down. These are a few examples.

Speedy: wanted me to move in after like two dates.

Collard Greens: as in, as country as collard greens.

Church Girl: well, that one's pretty obvious.

So, sometimes naming people, places, or things can keep you from being killed at a young age. I'm living proof! :cool:

Totally missed that one somehow?:confused:

But more importantly HOLY CRAP MAN! Those are KILLER!!

Yeah the naming thing is strictly for my own amusement and it increases my joy. Heck I "nicknamed" my wife the Ginger Goddess!
Back in the day, when I was "playing the field" I nick named all the women I dated, so I didn't mix their names up and take a beat down. These are a few examples.

Speedy: wanted me to move in after like two dates.

Collard Greens: as in, as country as collard greens.

Church Girl: well, that one's pretty obvious.

So, sometimes naming people, places, or things can keep you from being killed at a young age. I'm living proof! :cool:
So you did NOT date the Church Lady (SNL character)? I hope not, that would have been one helluva ride! My girlfriend models occasionally so I always refer to her as "Supermodel". I even asked an announcer at a show adjust his introduction of her. He did, and that was in part because he has been friends with her for decades, but it was fun to see her announced on stage as Supermodel FirstName LastName!!!!

Thanks for the kudos on the axes, I could not be happier!! They have coaxed me to play Soooooo much more (I would estimate 800 hours last year) because they just feel so right!!! If I would have had a normal work year last year, I would have bought more!!!!

Happy naming Mr. Turf Builder (Scott's)!!!!

So you did NOT date the Church Lady (SNL character)? I hope not, that would have been one helluva ride! My girlfriend models occasionally so I always refer to her as "Supermodel". I even asked an announcer at a show adjust his introduction of her. He did, and that was in part because he has been friends with her for decades, but it was fun to see her announced on stage as Supermodel FirstName LastName!!!!

Thanks for the kudos on the axes, I could not be happier!! They have coaxed me to play Soooooo much more (I would estimate 800 hours last year) because they just feel so right!!! If I would have had a normal work year last year, I would have bought more!!!!

Happy naming Mr. Turf Builder (Scott's)!!!!

Oh no, Church Girl..and she was no lady, lemme tell ya! :D

So you totally get it! Yeah my wife hates the nicknames she's stuck with as long as I'm alive. She could kill me in my sleep at any time, so I figure I might as well get the most of my gift of nickname giving. Nice move on getting the announcer to pull the Supermodel gotcha!

That's what they're all about they inspire you to play more and more! Good suff bro! Soak it up!

Back