If you could have......

Bilbo Jangles

Just curious to know what others think.
If you could have any core model represented in an S2 or even an SE, what would it be? As for me, I'd like to see a less expensive version of a 408.

An S2 or SE Hollowbody ii would be awesome. Also a P24/P245 or any SE/S2 with a piezo. An SE version of the Archon amp would be cool too. On the flip side of the question I'd love to see a core Baritone like the new SE ones just announced.

doubleneck:p
Double neck Mira would be dope! But, that is as likely as seeing pigs fly I think. I'll go with Justin's bass and acoustic suggestion as long as it includes a Tonare or some big body acoustic.

One thing I love about some of the recent S2 models is that they stand on their own (Vela, semis, etc). This makes the line about 500% more appealing to me...

An S2 or SE Hollowbody ii would be awesome. Also a P24/P245 or any SE/S2 with a piezo. An SE version of the Archon amp would be cool too. On the flip side of the question I'd love to see a core Baritone like the new SE ones just announced.

I think your pretty spot on. The SESH is a really cool guitar, but it's not the same as a full Hollowbody. There are lots of options from Epiphone and Ibanez in the SE price range so it makes sense for them to compete with that.

I've also been waiting for an SE line of piezo equipped. It would probably put the price on par with an S2, so it may be a tough sell. They could always make a limited batch and see how it goes.

A core baritone would be cool, but I don't know if I'd spend that kind of money on one. I have a really love, slightly hate thing with baritones. I love the sounds you can get, but being 5"5' with T-Rex arms ultimately makes the longer neck just a pain in my wrist.

I would love an S2 Hollowbody Baritone. With piezo! I would have to have one.

I think your pretty spot on. The SESH is a really cool guitar, but it's not the same as a full Hollowbody. There are lots of options from Epiphone and Ibanez in the SE price range so it makes sense for them to compete with that.

I've also been waiting for an SE line of piezo equipped. It would probably put the price on par with an S2, so it may be a tough sell. They could always make a limited batch and see how it goes.

A core baritone would be cool, but I don't know if I'd spend that kind of money on one. I have a really love, slightly hate thing with baritones. I love the sounds you can get, but being 5"5' with T-Rex arms ultimately makes the longer neck just a pain in my wrist.

I would love an S2 Hollowbody Baritone. With piezo! I would have to have one.

Considering the incredible tones of the new PS Singlecut Archtop, I would be really excited if they tried to duplicate it, or a big-body semi, as an SE. Kind of similar to how well the Angelus SE line compared to the Maryland acoustics. I like my S2 semi, but you're right, the full hollows have their own thing going on. If you ever seen the video of John Mayer playing "Come When I Call" on a Guild Starfire, that's the tone I would like to be able to get, preferably on a PRS, but I can't afford a SCHB or PS. Otherwise it's probably a Guild or Heritage for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-ch4reTP4

Back