If you could custom order your SS, what would you ask for?

All maple neck and fretboard.
Local US/Canadian body wood, alder/ash/pine/fir.
Standard 10in radius
Stainless steel frets
Hard tail

There are kids threatening to walk out of schools today in protest to save the environment.
Guitarists don't need exotic slow growing imported rain forest lumber to sound good.
Pro players certainly don't need exotic lumber to play on stage.

Two of my kids walked in the street in protest today. It was worldwide.

When I first saw the SS, I was turned off by the headstock, pickguard, tuners, color options and 7.25" radius.

But then I played one, and then another. I also watched Mayer's video explaining the why of it all.

I no longer dislike the headstock, but it would be cool to have the headstock in the same color as the body or something other than natural.

I like the tuners (how they work), but not the material (which just looks a little cheap, even they work well) and would prefer metal.

I'm actually okay with the 7.25" radius, because it plays really nice, but 9.5" would be more ideal.

The colors are even warming up to me.

My biggest gripe is the stark white plastic guard and controls. If they were off-white or mint I'd probably like them more.

But I kind of like the earlier suggestion of no pick guard. Not sure if that's a big deal as far as the pickup design.

I'm shocked no one said hardshell case! (I'm one of the few that prefer the gig bag and laugh every time the case comes up)

Hmm the question is would I change anything.
I could be tempted with a birds-eye maple neck or something cool looking
A burst finish would also interest me.
Spec wise I would change nothing

First of all, I would insist on a back cover for the trem cavity.

A different neck shape. I dont know what the SS shape is, but its uncomfortable to me.

16" radius.
ebony FB
No fingerboard inlays
Hard tail bridge

Tortoiseshell Pickguard
blue
Hardshell case

Some may wonder at this but one thing I wouldn't change is the gig bag. I think it's really cool and well made. I love gigbags for practicality.
when case needed, I have modified the fitted interior of a fiberglass Calton case to fit the SS so I have a bombproof case for it.

Back