If you’re not using that 7.5 watt mode...

andy474x

Knows the Drill
You’re missing out!!!

I put the MT15 in half power mode today, and it immediately hit me with the same impression I had the first time I used it - it’s like a “Marshall tone” switch! Leaner bass, and the mids popped more. As we all know, “half power” doesn’t equate to half volume, and that’s definitely the case on this amp. The 7.5 watt mode is a little quieter, but still packs plenty of volume. The bigger difference is the tone! I think I’ll be using the half power switch for classic rock tunes, as well as recording solo work. Try it cranked up a bit if you’ve not already!

Great info & while I have tried it out....I think I only did it for less volume.

I need to give the 1/2 Power Mode another shot, but crank the volume up & see how it reacts. I like what you say that you’re hearing in this mode with some power behind it!!!

Thx!!! X

You’re missing out!!!

I put the MT15 in half power mode today, and it immediately hit me with the same impression I had the first time I used it - it’s like a “Marshall tone” switch! Leaner bass, and the mids popped more. As we all know, “half power” doesn’t equate to half volume, and that’s definitely the case on this amp. The 7.5 watt mode is a little quieter, but still packs plenty of volume. The bigger difference is the tone! I think I’ll be using the half power switch for classic rock tunes, as well as recording solo work. Try it cranked up a bit if you’ve not already!

I've been advocating this for 50 and 25 watt Archon users as well. It's a different sound. Triode mode is smoother, with less highs and lows, less punch. Volume difference is not a lot, but for some tones you want to dial in, it works considerable better. Same overall voice, but in some ways almost like having a different amp at the flip of a switch. Enough different, at least, to be really effective in getting some different tones and response.

Interesting.

As it happens each of the three channels on my Mark V are set at different power levels. I no longer recall exactly what got me there other than knowing I set each up for a sound I wanted.

I was the same way with my Mark V and still am with the Lone Star!

Whatever sounds good, IS good!

Back