If You’re Good With What Ya Got...

Yeah, I big time four olives because I'm using a High Ball glass.......

ahhh! I get it.

I use those jumbo Spanish Queen Sevillano olives in the martinis - pretty sure more than two would be too tall for the traditional Martini glasses I use.

But a good martini olive is a wonderful thing. :)

Ever fooled around with a Brown box voltage reducer? I’m about to get my first taste.

I haven’t. The closest I’ve come is that the Lone Star has a Variac built in, giving it a slightly different feel and tone. However the one on that amp isn’t continuously variable. It simply reduces the power to a set level.

I’m more of a Bombay Sapphire kinda guy, but would not kick a Hendricks martini out of my glass! Make the olives stuffed with bleu cheese, please. :D

I like Bombay Sapphire, too. Hendrick’s is an interesting gin; it’s different, a little smoother; somehow it became my favorite.

I guess I wasn’t good with everything I had, because I bought some NOS tubes last weekend as spares. Hard to pass up good prices on unused 60s/70s GE and Mullard, if that’s the stuff that works for ya.

I guess I wasn’t good with everything I had, because I bought some NOS tubes last weekend as spares. Hard to pass up good prices on unused 60s/70s GE and Mullard, if that’s the stuff that works for ya.

You get a free pass for that. Those are only "accessories."

Not a one.

I have had tubes go bad during a gig or session only once since 1965, and replaced it and got the amp going again.

I’ve had a couple go bad just while screwing around at home, but, you know, easy fix.
I really wish I had your luck with tubes.

Back