If You’re Good With What Ya Got...

I am so easy to please, amp-wise. Ever since I put a Brit-voiced speaker in my Blues Deluxe, I've been 99% happy. Part of me is tempted to try out a neodymium Creamback, though.

I can't even tell you what brand power tubes are in it. JJ, maybe? Have I even changed a preamp tube in the nearly 23 years since I bought it? *Shrug*. It simply works and sounds good. Except that one time when it didn't work and I had it fixed.

Sometimes I think I'd like one of these nifty PRS amps, or something with more versatile channel switching, but if it ain't broke why fix it?

Guitars, though. Guitarist me needs to learn a thing or two from amp-ist me and leave well alone...

Guitarist me needs to learn a thing or two from amp-ist me and leave well alone...

I have the same problem with Night Man Me, who likes to snack even though it’s especially unhealthy, and Day Man Me, who exercises, and is careful about eating.

With guitars and amps I have very little self-control. :oops:

I was kidding about the bird watching thing. Nature is awesome!

I’ve bought quite a few tubes from tubedepot.com and thetubestore.com, but I’ve also gotten any number from other sources over the years; I got NOS Brimar from a place in Canada (can’t remember the name, darn it!), and there have been any number of other sources.

Thanks Les - tubedepot.com looks like it has some good stuff in. Currently running Mullard XF4 EL34 in one amp and thinking about swapping to old Mullards or possibly some NOS US made GEs in my EL84 amp.

Thanks Les - tubedepot.com looks like it has some good stuff in. Currently running Mullard XF4 EL34 in one amp and thinking about swapping to old Mullards or possibly some NOS US made GEs in my EL84 amp.

If you're looking for some great reading about tubes, I found this site to be a wealth of knowledge. Not real pretty, but that's not the point!

http://www.audiotubes.com

Les, you can have my whole rig. I am WAY disgruntled with my tone as of late, and my kids have kept me from practicing, so I haven't been playing all that well either!!!

Two years ago when I had hand problems, I offered my whole rig, and all my guitars, to my son. Thankfully, he said, "Hang in there, it'll get better."

Turns out to be good advice, so I'll pass it on!

you’d never know it from the playing, django iommi.

Les hard to believe it's been 2 years with your hand problem. Glad everything is going well

Thanks, guys. It’s been amazing, actually. Two years ago, my 4th and 5th fingers were curled to my palm and couldn’t operate at all, and my other fingers were so weak I couldn’t press down on any strings with sufficient force to stop frets from buzzing.

Now I have full function, probably 85% of the strength is back, and the only issues are that fingers 4 and 5 are still kind of numb. So yes, huge improvement.

I’m not as fast as I was, but I was never all that fast in the first place, so that doesn’t bother me.

Back