If there could be only one....

Mec78

Just a bit of fun while we wait for the election results. What would be your one guitar model to rule them all doesn't have to be PRS just nothing like 59LP, 62 Strat, Paul's Number 1,(out of production ultra rare, liberated from a secured vault etc). Try to stay in whatever a realistic price range would be for you to comfortably spend on a guitar to be played.

Core SSH piezo with S2 bevels.

If we're limiting it to guitars that actually exist,
I could get by just fine with only this one.
( #1 on my sellers remorse list)

bqfZ919.jpg

509. Not my favorite of all time, but it does more than most guitars, and it does it well. I love my DC3 , but it doesn't do humbuckers.

Core SSH piezo with S2 bevels.

If we're limiting it to guitars that actually exist,
I could get by just fine with only this one.
( #1 on my sellers remorse list)

bqfZ919.jpg

A good friend of mine has a 345, bought by his dad just after the UK ban on US musical instruments, post WWII. Unfortunately, that's probably as close as I'm ever going to get to owning one. :(

I'll vote for the PRS DGT, one of which I am now lucky enough to own. I could quite happily live with just this one guitar, if I really had to. :)

I'm going to limit my response to guitars I still own. I struggled with this question a lot. One guitar I'd favor over another at certain times, rather it was situations or my taste changed but never could definitively decide on the one I'd keep "if there could only be one." That all changed when I got my Cu24. It's the one above all others. It does everything well, has the "it" quality of sound the others don't have, and is a joy to play every time I pick it up. Oh and its blue and beautiful!

PS I didn't pick it because this a PRS forum either!

Last edited:
This is a tough question. I have a 2000 McCarty with 8515 neck pickup and that combo sounds so freakin good BUT my cu24 with 5909s can cover a ton of territory too so there's that.

I have other prs guitars but I've been the most intimate with these two so I know how to make them work for me.

Back