If the PTC gave you a "free mods" coupon, what would you get done?

As promised, here is a recent pick from the folks at PTC. Color will be burnt maple leaf. once i get her back I will decide if I want black pickup rings or keep the cream

FWIW I switched my pickup rings on my Burnt Maple Leaf Custom 24 to dark rosewood and really liked the look better than the cream. But that's me...

If they'd do it, I'd have a set of gold plated Starla pups put in the SCJ and maybe a piezo system. If not, I'd send in the Custom and have the dings touched up which is something I've been wanting to do for a while but never seem to get around to.

As promised, here is a recent pick from the folks at PTC. Color will be burnt maple leaf. once i get her back I will decide if I want black pickup rings or keep the cream
IMG_1792_zpsew7fiagj.jpg

Bangin'!

My CE22 with a quilted maple top, some real fancy pearl brushstroke bird inlays, all black hardware (term bridge, pickup covers, tuners) and a black headstock. Damn why is there no PTC in the UK!!!!

Put a neck with a decent carve on my HBII. WF will do.

Man, some of y'all have Private Stock-like expectations of what the PTC will do! I mean, I know this is a "dream" thread but it makes it a little more fun (for me) to dream within the parameters of what they'll actually do: http://www.prsguitars.com/ptc/

Just a quick question, what do PTC mean by "5-way to 3-way toggle"? Does this mean going from a 5-way blade on cu 22&24 to a toggle switch seen on mccartys? If so, how is this possible without carving out a new body?

Just a quick question, what do PTC mean by "5-way to 3-way toggle"? Does this mean going from a 5-way blade on cu 22&24 to a toggle switch seen on mccartys? If so, how is this possible without carving out a new body?

Talking about the old 5-way rotary knob there.

Man, some of y'all have Private Stock-like expectations of what the PTC will do!

Oddly enough I'm considering sending them my PS Brent Mason for their "Brent Mason electronics overhaul" treatment...which I wish I had patented originally.

The
Wait, you have a PS Brent Mason? I must have missed than one! Does it have a pickguard?

Yes I do...and no it doesn't...hence the hesitation. Although the PTC guys assured me yesterday that it would be "no problem".
The thought of someone taking a router to this still scares the $hiz out of me...

Last edited:
Oddly enough I'm considering sending them my PS Brent Mason for their "Brent Mason electronics overhaul" treatment...which I wish I had patented originally.
what is this treatment you speak of?

The

Yes I do...and no it doesn't...hence the hesitation. Although the PTC guys assured me yesterday that it would be "no problem".
The thought of someone taking a router to this still scares the $hiz out of me...

Hubba bubba!

The

Oh man that would be :rock: (not that it isn't killer to the power of bangin already!)

I thought the 305 was wider than the pickup ring for the 408, obv not!

"Brent Mason electronics overhaul" treatment...which I wish I had patented originally.

Tell me about it, Mark. After I sent in my S1 Sergio guitar to the PTC all of the sudden they came out with a new line with an obviously derivative name. :proud:

(not that it isn't killer to the power of bangin already!)

While the Church of Bangin'ness officially teaches tolerance towards blue guitars, the phrase "Killer to the Power of Bangin'!" (sic) is so blasphemous that the Gods have unleashed their fury upon you.

Back