If the PTC gave you a "free mods" coupon, what would you get done?

\m/ pups in my Tremonti, two mini-toggles for coil taps. (And that might be somewhat reluctantly - right now, I'm over the moon w/how that Tremonti is playing.)

Oh, and I'd have them install the talent package.

Well I would be using it right now. PTC has an 07 sc trem in for me. It was vintage natural with satin finish. I have them adding a middle pickup, and additional control. color will be burnt maple leaf in v12 finish, also having them do a perimeter burst. control layout is 3 individual vol controls that are push/push for tapping and 1 master tone. last update was the routing is done along with the additional routing to body.

Oh, I had 59/09's in the mod box at home so they went with the guitar. Happy PTC day coming soon.
Oh dude this is so very cool. Got any pics yet of the work? I NEED to know how this turns out!

Some cracking ideas in this thread!

Can the PTC actually do a fretboard replacement? If so, add an ebony board with old school birds to mine :p

Oh dude this is so very cool. Got any pics yet of the work? I NEED to know how this turns out!

Can the PTC actually do a fretboard replacement? If so, add an ebony board with old school birds to mine :p

i plan to see if Matt will send pics tomorrow. I will post if he does.

Aw heck, I have private stocks. It's hard to think about pimping a private stock. So I guess I'd just have them set mine up, since they're so freaking good at it.

An NF3-type finish on all my necks and a piezo in my 408.

A refinish of one of my 10 Tops in a finish that is normally reserved only for private stock guitars.

A refinish of one of my 10 Tops in a finish that is normally reserved only for private stock guitars.
Either this, fancier neck inlays, or super clean and super wide frequency range electronics.

EDIT: No, I know! Crossfade...of "my colors" -- all dark (so dark, they border on off-black), blue-green, blue-purple (indigo/violet) (so...eggplant or kalamata olive, basically), red-purple (wine/burgundy/cotes-du-rhone [yes, when I am king, cotes-du-rhone will be a color]).

Last edited:
Oh, and I'd have them install the talent package.

You can't get that anymore, I bought their entire stock - and it still doesn't help! It's like I am a blackhole for talent - none of it escapes me, and cannot be observed directly, just the destruction it causes at the event horizon...

Refinish my Brushstroke 24 to have that natural binding. Add a piezo system. Finish with purfling on the fretboard and headstock just like the Custom 24 30th Anniversay and that's about it!

Rosewood treatment of extreme awesomeness!

Love it on my SCF and would love to have it on my McRosie, too. It's so great!

A boob job:p
For you or the guitar?

I suppose if a guitar had boobs you'd have to refer to it as "she" though some already do that.

You could take those mods even further so you could make sweet sweet love to it. You think the PTC would do that? More importantly how can they test this mod out without leaving you with sloppy seconds?

For you or the guitar?

I suppose if a guitar had boobs you'd have to refer to it as "she" though some already do that.

You could take those mods even further so you could make sweet sweet love to it. You think the PTC would do that? More importantly how can they test this mod out without leaving you with sloppy seconds?
:rofl:

As promised, here is a recent pick from the folks at PTC. Color will be burnt maple leaf. once i get her back I will decide if I want black pickup rings or keep the cream
IMG_1792_zpsew7fiagj.jpg

Back