If the PTC gave you a "free mods" coupon, what would you get done?

justmund

Plank Spanker
No rules, you don't even have to own the guitar in question.

Mine is pretty low key, Stripped 58, refinish with a pearl white top, peekaboo binding and natural back. Add a 3rd pickup and install a triple pack of uncovered, hybrid \m/s. Push-pulls coil taps on 3 of the controls, another push-pull to activate the middle pickup.

Go!

Refinish my 2002 CU24, maybe put 58/15s in it, and add a piezo if possible. (Yeah, I know, P24s are that thick for a reason...)

If I get to pick just one: refinish.

Make this one a raspberry smoke burst and the neck a WT.

IMAG0018_zps1854fdd6.jpg

Well I would be using it right now. PTC has an 07 sc trem in for me. It was vintage natural with satin finish. I have them adding a middle pickup, and additional control. color will be burnt maple leaf in v12 finish, also having them do a perimeter burst. control layout is 3 individual vol controls that are push/push for tapping and 1 master tone. last update was the routing is done along with the additional routing to body.

Oh, I had 59/09's in the mod box at home so they went with the guitar. Happy PTC day coming soon.
Here is what it use to look like
IMG_1568_zps54b0abe6.jpg

But, in keeping with the thread, I would have 58/15 installed in my MC58
AA508014-040D-4482-9258-0AB393CF184B_zpsqj3hzbq3.jpg

Last edited:
I'd have Sergio's newly refinned CE painted black and then relic'ed to hell! I'd also have them install three original Ric horseshoe pups, which would just about cover the strings from bridge to fretboard. :vroam:

Without a coupon I had the PTC install a coil split into my HBII and wire a set of Mira.

WITH a coupon I'd have a ghost piezo added to one of my DGT's.

I would just have my Tremonti Tribal rewired to a traditional control layout and have DGT frets installed. Might end up sending it down to have it done anyway

Refinish is a popular request as the thread displays, so I would have my HB II stripped and re-stained to faded smoke (no-burst). But, being is this is "mods" in plural form I can pick more, so I'd add Piezo, an adjustable bridge, phase III tuners, and figured maple pickup rings/knobs/truss rod cover/tuning pegs all stained to match the body finish *exactly*.

Hey you gotta think big.;)

Last edited:
I'd make a standing appointment to have the neck and body on my Holcomb re-satin'd every 3 months....at the rate im going this things going to be fully high gloss by the end of the summer. lol

Should we start a forum fund for this now or later?

I'd settle for a forum fund of Now & Later candy.

how about bonnie pink burst!!!! Mine is a 95 This is a PTC refinish I had done
Before

DFEC48C4-6E3C-4AC4-92D9-6D5679ABBAA7_zps7yaswzn3.jpg

Hot Damn!

I'd have Sergio's newly refinned CE painted black and then relic'ed to hell!

It's half way there! Just cut out some wood and paint the top.

Honestly I'd be happy with a kill switch on my custom 24, lol

Easy-breezey, just ditch your tone knob! (That's what I do :flute:)

A boob job:p

Can I change my answer?

White rabbit.

Can I change my answer again?

Back