If the PTC gave you a "free mods" coupon, what would you get done?

Although I totally appreciate the stellar effort you to smite me Serg, I actually live here (somewhere near the right top cornerish)

Hobart_Aerial.jpg

Bear (chicken) witness to the destruction of the upper righthand of your city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is nice, where did you get them from?

Thanks!!! I originally wanted to find a set that matched the binding a little more but really liked the grain on the rosewood.

I believe the website was www.pickuprings.com. The guy custom makes them and let me pick the color of the mounting screws and what type of finish I wanted on the rings. I thought he did a great job with the squabbin style rings (he had me confirm measurements before sending them to me because he hadn't cut a set for the squabbins when I ordered mine.) It looks like he even has sets for 408s now.

I just got this pic from the PTC team. They put the black rings on to let me know how the project is going. can't wait to get this monster home.
IMG_1796_zps1zqim23z.jpg

I see a lot of people want to swap out their pickups . Crazy to me too because I think the HFS and VB are just excellent pickups for all styles. Best pickups for everything I do.

If I could have them do something to any of my guitars...that would be a tough call, but I bought my 10 top blue hoping that the blue would fade. It's an 04 and it's not fading lol. I'd have it stripped and maybe go with a transparent black, like my favorite soloist. I'd also have them make the neck a pattern thin, if possible. Ebony board while we are dreaming.

Back