If money was no object what PRS guitar would you have

Well... as long as we're all making wishes, here are a few of mine.

Forum Guitar, Rev 5

i-6SPvz4m-X3.jpg

Super Sky

i-wJKS9Dr-X3.jpg
So want to move forward with that Forum guitar!

I wouldn't go nuts. I'd rather have several nice guitars and 2-3 more amps. So to answer the question, I'd get a nice 594 of some type. Maybe WL, but not PS. I wouldn't want something that wasn't going to be a "top of the rotation" player guitar
PS guitars play great, and sound even better. I'm not saving them for the next owner, I'm enjoying them now! Mine are 'top of the rotation' player guitars.

They're musical instruments, not magical totems set aside for adoration. For a few years I only had PS models, though I've since added a couple of Cores I've stumbled on that come pretty close.

A player of your caliber deserves the finest sounding, best playing, instrument possible! I'd rather have one PS than 100 others.

PS guitars play great, and sound even better. I'm not saving them for the next owner, I'm enjoying them now! Mine are 'top of the rotation' player guitars.

They're musical instruments, not magical totems set aside for adoration. For a few years I only had PS models, though I've since added a couple of Cores I've stumbled on that come pretty close.

A player of your caliber deserves the finest sounding, best playing, instrument possible! I'd rather have one PS than 100 others.

On the first part, your probably right and it's probably just the "I'm not rich" in me that says $12K could buy a PS, or a WL and a Louis Electric Cobra. :) But the truth is, I've never played a Private Stock. And probably because of what you said + what I just said... maybe I'm sort of afraid that it really will be an easily felt step up and then I'll want one. Maybe the fear of that has kept me from trying one for these last few years.

And thank you for that last comment. That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me! :D And joking aside, I blushed when I read it. Thank you!

This. My PS is my top guitar, with a WL and a handful of cores right behind it. And they get played. Babied, but played.

On the first part, your probably right and it's probably just the "I'm not rich" in me that says $12K could buy a PS, or a WL and a Louis Electric Cobra. :) But the truth is, I've never played a Private Stock. And probably because of what you said + what I just said... maybe I'm sort of afraid that it really will be an easily felt step up and then I'll want one. Maybe the fear of that has kept me from trying one for these last few years.

And thank you for that last comment. That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me! :D And joking aside, I blushed when I read it. Thank you!
Well, I mean it. I've heard what you've posted. You're a truly stellar player. I wish I had your chops!

I'm a good part-writer, and can come up with a melody or a hook, but you're the real deal.

If money was no object for me it wouldn't be any flashy wood library/10 top glossy PS guitar ... it would be an 85, 86 or 87, standard 24 in the solid "fire engine" (not sure the name) red that they used to do. All the original appointments (sweet switch, pickups) That is my dream guitar. Only ever saw a few of them come up for sale and its never worked out for me ... yet.

Private Stock Custom 24 Fatback, 26" Scale
No inlays except 7th & 12th
One piece (no bookmatch) curly top near-impossible to see black
Stop tailpiece. The Dustie Waring humbucker, no neck pickup. Single volume pot.

Hello 50th birthday gift :) The wife is into it. And yeah, I did brace her for the rough price I got.

If money was no object, a private stock Singlecut Trem with 24 frets. Same for having a 7 string variant, too.
So far, there has sadly never been a 24 fret Singlecut that made it to core or S2 production. This doesn't count any SE-related material which lacked the colors I'm not into anyway, and evidently this is the only way to get the aforementioned with the desired specs. Even if I preferred relatively simpler aesthetics.

Be careful what you wish for. Van Gogh merely dreamed that he heard me play it, and you know what happened to him!

And thank you for the comment on the guitar - the team did a fantastic job on it.
I heard you play in a video. You do just fine.

When I saw your PS I went, "Wow." Beautiful instrument. How are things?

Back