Identifying PRS Dragon I pickups

jiff

Hello,

Is the PRS Dragon I pickup with the model number ACC-3028 the older ceramic, high output pickup measuring at around 19k resistance? If any of you have this pickup, would you mind confirming the model number?

Thanks!

Funny you should mention that listing. I posted this thread because of that listing and I ended up buying it since I've been on the hunt for one of those to put in my '98 CE 22 Mahogany for a while now.

I also e-mailed customer service for some info but they only said that the pickups are discontinued and directed me to their current offerings. Not surprising, since I doubt they'd want to divulge technical specifications anyway.

I have a set of Dragon I pickups. Neither of them shows anything other than "Dragon Treble" or "Dragon Bass". That's not to say that some didn't though.

I just bought one of these too. Looking for a neck pickups to go with it. Just says Dragon Treble on it.

There is a nice set here with zebra bobbins and gold coils mint in box but not cheap! How much are these going for these days?

Played a custom 22 '94 the other day with dragons in and it rocked. Great split tones too. Maybe I like better than the stamped T & Bs

I just bought one of these too. Looking for a neck pickups to go with it. Just says Dragon Treble on it.

There is a nice set here with zebra bobbins and gold coils mint in box but not cheap! How much are these going for these days?

Played a custom 22 '94 the other day with dragons in and it rocked. Great split tones too. Maybe I like better than the stamped T & Bs

Not sure what an acceptable used price is these days, I think the retail price was $120 for neck/treble based on this sheet: http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/retailpricelist_web.pdf

I think their value is slightly inflated because they're discontinued. They do tend to pop up on the used market not too infrequently though.

The seller was pretty confident it was the 19k ohm ceramic one (I'm not even sure if they made any other Dragon I versions/variants).

So for those wondering, the ACC-3028 model number DOES correspond to the one and only Dragon I Treble.

The only reason I posted this thread was because there are maybe 1 or 2 instances I've seen online of people reporting the DC resistance as 9.5 KOhm, which is incorrectly measured. Between the white and black wires, mine reads around 19.1 KOhm.

Hopefully this helps someone out there. :)

My favorite 'buckers! I highly recommend them to anyone who plays anything that comes close to being described as "Rock."

I have dragon 1s in a CE 22 and they are fabulous. Don't let the output number fool you as they are nothing like an HFS.

Back