Identifying PRS Dragon I pickups

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by jiff, Apr 13, 2016.

1. jiff

jiff New Member

Hello,

Is the PRS Dragon I pickup with the model number ACC-3028 the older ceramic, high output pickup measuring at around 19k resistance? If any of you have this pickup, would you mind confirming the model number?

Thanks!

2. Bowtiefanatc

Bowtiefanatc #NeverGibson

that's what the one on Reverb shows

3. jiff

jiff New Member

Funny you should mention that listing. I posted this thread because of that listing and I ended up buying it since I've been on the hunt for one of those to put in my '98 CE 22 Mahogany for a while now.

I also e-mailed customer service for some info but they only said that the pickups are discontinued and directed me to their current offerings. Not surprising, since I doubt they'd want to divulge technical specifications anyway.

4. ADP

ADP New Member

I have a set of Dragon I pickups. Neither of them shows anything other than "Dragon Treble" or "Dragon Bass". That's not to say that some didn't though.

5. The Fight

The Fight Long Hair Demigod

So I guess your right about the 19 K resistance. Man that alot of out put!

6. Nick Gardiner

Nick Gardiner New Member

I just bought one of these too. Looking for a neck pickups to go with it. Just says Dragon Treble on it.

There is a nice set here with zebra bobbins and gold coils mint in box but not cheap! How much are these going for these days?

Played a custom 22 '94 the other day with dragons in and it rocked. Great split tones too. Maybe I like better than the stamped T & Bs

7. jiff

jiff New Member

Not sure what an acceptable used price is these days, I think the retail price was $120 for neck/treble based on this sheet: http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/retailpricelist_web.pdf

I think their value is slightly inflated because they're discontinued. They do tend to pop up on the used market not too infrequently though.

The seller was pretty confident it was the 19k ohm ceramic one (I'm not even sure if they made any other Dragon I versions/variants).

8. jiff

jiff New Member

So for those wondering, the ACC-3028 model number DOES correspond to the one and only Dragon I Treble.

The only reason I posted this thread was because there are maybe 1 or 2 instances I've seen online of people reporting the DC resistance as 9.5 KOhm, which is incorrectly measured. Between the white and black wires, mine reads around 19.1 KOhm.

Hopefully this helps someone out there. :)

9. Mark Ray

Mark Ray New Member

My favorite 'buckers! I highly recommend them to anyone who plays anything that comes close to being described as "Rock."

10. gush

gush She said "huge bag of dibs".

I have dragon 1s in a CE 22 and they are fabulous. Don't let the output number fool you as they are nothing like an HFS.

11. Brad737

Brad737 This space for rent...

I think Zebraprs has a set of Dragons for sale for a great deal. Give him a shout.

12. The Fight

The Fight Long Hair Demigod

Nothing like the hfs? OK bcs I'm looking for the Dragon1 and I just noticed the output ! Wow that's up there.