Identifying If a 2019 Core Model Has The 2020 specs

phoenixbt

I was looking at a wood library 2019 DGT model that was built in Oct 2019. I know in late 2019 they moved to the 2020 specs with the nitro coat and TCI pickups, but there is any way to tell if this model has those specs? The hang tag doesn’t seem to indicate. Thanks!

My 594 that was built around then has 58/15LT TCI on the pickup etch. “TCI” is hand-written on the label on the back of the pickups, which have 58/15LT typed on them.

PRS had told me it was a poly finish. The dealer said it was nitro. I put a bit of acetone on the finish in the control cavity, and the dealer was right—it’s nitro.

Transition times aren’t always graceful and documentation isn’t always correct. If you can’t examine it yourself, you may not know.

My 594 that was built around then has 58/15LT TCI on the pickup etch. “TCI” is hand-written on the label on the back of the pickups, which have 58/15LT typed on them.

PRS had told me it was a poly finish. The dealer said it was nitro. I put a bit of acetone on the finish in the control cavity, and the dealer was right—it’s nitro.

Transition times aren’t always graceful and documentation isn’t always correct. If you can’t examine it yourself, you may not know.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! Unfortunately it’s a guitar for sale online so I won’t be able to get to the back of the pickups to check - sounds like there’s no way to know ahead of time then.

I was looking at a wood library 2019 DGT model that was built in Oct 2019. I know in late 2019 they moved to the 2020 specs with the nitro coat and TCI pickups, but there is any way to tell if this model has those specs? The hang tag doesn’t seem to indicate. Thanks!
I would guess no. Only in that the 594 was the first model to transition, and that happened late October, early November of 2019. The rest of the Core model line was to transition by February/March, 2020. It could be, but it's a toss up. The only real way to know would be to contract PRS Customer Service with the serial number.

On the guitar tag it would say if the pickups were tci tuned. I am assuming that if the tag has that info missing, it would not be.

Back