Identify PRS Please

I see many problems here.

The tone/volume knobs don't look like any stock PRS I have ever seen and several other problems.

I am giving it thumbs down as I would estimate it to be 100% fake! I would look for one from an authorized PRS dealer. Both CME and Daves guitars have large selections of used PRS and you will NOT get a fake from them! Best of luck on your search!

EDIT: Removed some details about problems so as to not help those who try to build fakes, sorry for not thinking of this and thanks Veinbuster for pointing out my mistake!

Last edited:
I see three problems here.
[...snip...]
The tone/volume knobs don't look like any stock PRS I have ever seen either, but those are easily and often changed by users.

I am giving it thumbs down as I would estimate it to be 100% fake! I would look for one from an authorized PRS dealer. Both CME and Daves guitars have large selections of used PRS and you will NOT get a fake from them! Best of luck on your search!
We try not to give too much detail about what’s wrong so as not to help the counterfeiters to improve.

Many many thanks, ut was astoundingly cheap. £30
If you would not mind editing that post to remove my details on why it is a fake, that would be appreciated. As veinbuster pointed out, putting those details in there can help other counterfitters. So I updated my original post, and if you could update the "quote" you did of my post, that would be most appreciated!! Sorry you got rooked into this imitation!!!

We try not to give too much detail about what’s wrong so as not to help the counterfeiters to improve.
Exactly, this is no different than asking what your fav car is your birthday month blah blah blah. I often think the posters are trying to test the system. BS I say. Guy’s used to show up at guitar shows and try to sell knock offs. Some not to smart dealers would list why the particular guitar was not legit. I would just let them no that it’s not real and trying to sell a counterfeit guitar knowingly is a crime. This kind of stuff pisses me off, I’ll stop here.

Just curious ... did you honestly think it could be an actual PRS of any type for that price, or was it just wishful thinking?
I don’t know the first thing about guitars and didn’t even know there was such a brand as PRS, saw it in a Uk charity ( thrift) store and took a gamble …. Win some lose some no worries. Thanking all for help

Back