Ice cream

1_zps322e86dd.jpg

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh crap. I really thought the very first ones were just the product of discoloration by having the instrument sit at the store front for too long, exposed to the sun. I don't remember where I read it, but shame on me.

I've read that the first sunburst finishes were meant to imitate the wear in the French Polish on a well-used classical stringed instrument.

In other words, a relic-ed violin.

This stuff goes waaaaay back.

I think with the amount of people that start threads questioning “flaws”, for example, a flame being out of place...or a mineral streak...
I just don’t think most of the PRS buying public is interested in a relic. People expect and want perfection on all fronts- mostly.

I don’t feel strongly either way on relic guitars. When done well they can look cool. A Casper relic would be kinda cool. I’d be super pumped if they even did a run of PRS pre standards. Pearl white, short heel, T&B’s. Most people don’t think opaque colors when they think PRS though.

Yes, PRS has always leaned more towards the side of perfection and durability, regarding finishes. Still, isn't it a real possibility that a heavy relic Silver Sky may appear in the near future?

Again, change the mindset of what people perceive that PRS is. Open up to a wider market.

You CAN do both.

Again, change the mindset of what people perceive that PRS is. Open up to a wider market.

You CAN do both.

PRS has given every indication these past few years that they are not into appealing to a wider audience. That's fine. They don't have to do relics just like they don't have to do core level 7 strings. They do their thing and it works for them.

Back