ibanez prestige

horax

Anybody play any of hte Ibanez Prestige series guitars from Japan?
How would you rate and compare them to PRS?

Where I live you can't find anything to try so you have to rely on reviews on youtube demos.

Never have. Only owned one Ibanez e-acoustic and I grew to hate it in short order.
But I feel your pain on the lack of availability of test ride instruments. My 2 PRS guitars were bought blind, as was my Seagull S12. All 3 were remarkably solid purchases and zero complaints or buyer remorse.
If I wanted a Strat, Tele or LP, Epiphone, Martin or Taylor (just about anything in those) Bob's my uncle. Pretty much anything PRS, Jackson, Washburn...forget trying it and put an order in.
If I do chase anything (used) PRS in the future I'll be going a dice roll on a walk-in or trusting in my contacts at the store for a heads up.
I love where I live for the lifestyle, but it sucks being bushed for instrument availability.

And the general "word on the street" is that even Prestige level QC has taken a turn for the worse the past couple years. But then, what hasn't lol.

Have had some. Only really cool one was the JPM100p4 (petrucci). That one started collecting dust after getting a charvel model 6 (early zeroes). Had some older and newer Japanese RGs and none of them ever hold a candle to any PRS I owned. Even for the same function (rock or shred machine).

Not that I am jnto that stuff anymore.

However, I must say, the japanese guitars were very well made and finished.

I’ve seen Axe Palace guys mention the insane amount of fret and nut work that must be done. Delays their ability to release these.
Granted the store will spend the hours to fix them before selling. But that’s insane considering the price these are going for.

Well to be fair, I own a few prs guitars but I'm not a doctor or a lawyer............lol
But do you own an Ibanez? If not, again, I think you’re on to something here. I’m an engineer, and I own a PRS. (My other guitar is a Yamaha acoustic).

Anybody play any of hte Ibanez Prestige series guitars from Japan?
How would you rate and compare them to PRS?

Where I live you can't find anything to try so you have to rely on reviews on youtube demos.
Yeh, I’ve got an RG 652 Prestige (RG652AHMFX) if you know their modeling. It’s got the Gibraltar fixed bridge and DiMarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone pickups, super wizard neck, etc. it is a superb guitar and I have tons of respect for what Ibanez does, especially with their Prestige line., great value/price ratio. Gotoh locking tuners, birdseye maple board w jumbo frets and a 17” radius. the flat radius, thin neck, and jumbo frets all make it fast and easy. Ash body and quite light.

I love my PRS guitars (CE 24 & CU22). The CU22 is my everyday go-to, and if I could only have one axe, that’d be it. Not sure I can compare my PRS’s to Ibanez as they are just different beasts. Someone on the string said PRS is luxurious, and I agree. Ibanez owns metal IMO, if that’s what someone is after, they’ve got it. I like that they don’t try to reinvent the whole industry, instead use best of breed parts - tuners, pickups, etc., respecting that others have mastered their niches. Their necks are their secret sauce.

Depends on what you want to do... I have a Jem 7v and it's an amazing guitar, rock solid stability, but you can't compare it to a PRS, they're not in the same category, not the same feeling, the guitar neck is quite different, but all of them are still very good guitars. Personally, I set my sights on PRS!

Back