I wish I wouldn't have gotten ...

Every Strat I have ever bought. That's got to be at least 10. I love how other people sound playing them, and I hate how I sound playing them.

Same here. Could never quite feel comfortable with single-coils, but was amazed at how others could sound. Leo F. has been successful for many years, and many others have copied his design, making minor adjustments and improvements. The innovation was the blending of both F and LP designs into what we know today as PRS, the lovechild of Leo and Henry, both from a unique tone and shape perspective. :)

I had a soul food I absolutely hated. Sold it thankfully.

I also had a Paisley Drive I didn't like and traded it.

I've not been thrilled with my 1981 DRV and currently trying rid my collection of it.

Battery-operated acoustic guitars. Have had too many instances with other folks getting up on stage only to not be able to play because their under-saddle piezo pickups won't work. Why? Old batteries. Please folks save yourselves the trouble and bring a spare set of batteries for your guitar if perhaps you need them...you'll thank me later...

I bought a Fishman Tripleplay in December. It took hours to set up, install and configure. I still cant get it to work. Waste of money.

Still ultimately disappointed with CE24 Reclaimed.

I have a Dillion Dagger bass that was supposed to replace a Squier P for recording. I turns out that the Squier is better. So its just taking up house room.

Don't know what to say about the other pieces but I would really reevaluate your situation on the TriplePlay. Yes it was a b1tch to get set up, and I became a pest to the tech help at Fishman, but once I got it rolling it's been relatively trouble free and easily the most useful item I've found for guitarists to interact with a DAW.

I've done lots of songs with it, even stuff with hardly any guitar.

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting/technopop-backing-track-2019

Strymon Big Sky.

The first one I got was broken, and they wanted me to repair it myself, or pay to ship it back to fix their mistake. Fortunately the retailer had better service than them.

The second one works, for the most part, sometimes it forgets how to do stereo when starting it up and I have to unplug and replug it in. I ended up taking it off my board and replacing it with a Catlinbread talisman, which, honestly, sounds much better.

Turns out I don't need reverse choral modulated reverb trails.

I got a Kiesel guitar a few years ago. It looked great and it wasn't terrible, don't get me wrong. But it just didn't quite seem to be on par with my PRS and ESP guitars. Apart from that, I didn't particularly care for Seymour Duncan Invaders I had on one of my old Jackson guitars.

What’s up with it that’s not doing it for you?

After the twisted neck was replaced by PRS (newly built in USA and fitted in UK) I was pleased initially until I realised it still wouldn't set up as nicely as even my cheapest guitars. So no more twisted neck, but a new neck with new problems. At least one nut slot is cut too deep, because I get a buzz down there unless I keep the action raised higher than it should be. Then I noticed that all the frets at the upper end are uncrowned (they have pronounced flats). I posted a picture of this here at the time. The good thing is that all this is fixable. The bad thing is that these errors got past both USA (factory) and Europe UK (service).

More than this though, I obviously dont care enough about the guitar to get on & fix it myself (and I no longer have any confidence left in the service centre). There's quite a bit of work involved. So it now ranks 8th in my brace of 8 gigging guitars.

Every Strat I have ever bought. That's got to be at least 10. I love how other people sound playing them, and I hate how I sound playing them.
Very interesting and timely. In a reverse way. I haven't played my Strat in months, maybe more than a year. I don't know why but 3 or 4 days ago I picked it up and plugged it in. It actually sounded great and, more interestingly, felt great. I'm working on a blues shuffle rhythm (a TrueFire course) and it just seemed to fit. It will probably pass;). Is this a blasphemous post? Can I expect @bodia and @sergiodeblanc showing up at my door demanding my PRS forum membership card?:eek:

Very interesting and timely. In a reverse way. I haven't played my Strat in months, maybe more than a year. I don't know why but 3 or 4 days ago I picked it up and plugged it in. It actually sounded great and, more interestingly, felt great. I'm working on a blues shuffle rhythm (a TrueFire course) and it just seemed to fit. It will probably pass;). Is this a blasphemous post? Can I expect @bodia and @sergiodeblanc showing up at my door demanding my PRS forum membership card?:eek:

Nah! Have fun with whatever works! Diversity is a wonderful thing.

Line 6 Spyder IV with the pre-programmed guitar tones...:oops: I bought it because it had a headphone jack-that's my story and I'm sticking to it. It didn't stick around for long, it was traded in against a Vox AC10.

Same. After trying to sell my Strat and/or trade it, I ran across a used hot rails that I bought and threw in the bridge. Night and day difference. I really, really hated the quack on the bridge and now I get the best of both worlds with the single coil neck and bucker bridge. I also ran a jumper wire so I could use the tone knob on the bridge as well. It's still not my favorite guitar, but I'm no longer in a hurry to move it either.

Last edited:
I had an Axe-FX II XL+ that I sold to fund something else and went back to a normal amp. I went through a PRS, EVH, and a Katana before I smartened up and bought the III. I know myself. So I guess those three amps.

Back