I wish I would’ve got...

What is northern lights for $1000, Alex?
A sister to Les’ beauty?

Man you are good Vaughn!!! Technically it’s aqua violet...but it’s kind of an AV and NL hybrid (I would have named it FVJ “Faded Violet Jeans”). And yes it’s a PS 20th Anny model, not one of the 40 “official” ones...but a special one off made for a charity auction. I have always kicked myself for missing out on one of these...now I’ll have one soon........INCOMING!!!!

OjB16YT.jpg

toETgM5.jpg

Last edited:
Man you are good Vaughn!!! Technically it’s aqua violet...but it’s kind of an AV and NL hybrid (I would have named it FVJ “Faded Violet Jeans”). And yes it’s a PS 20th Anny model, not one of the 40 “official” ones...but a special one off made for a charity auction. I have always kicked myself for missing out on one of these...now I’ll have one soon........INCOMING!!!!

OjB16YT.jpg

toETgM5.jpg
NICE! That is super hot.

OjB16YT.jpg

toETgM5.jpg

Man, that's hot! But, where's all them switches???? :D

OjB16YT.jpg

toETgM5.jpg

<3

Shoulda kept ...

Everything is replaceable. The only thing I wish I kept was my ‘54 RI Oxblood Les Paul. I’ll never be able to get one at a reasonable price.

Shoulda got ...

When I got my Custom 24 in early 2016, it was my only PRS. I now also have a McCarty and a SC-250. If I’d known I’d be getting multiple, I’d have gotten the CU24 with a Floyd!

Insert official "DTR Seal Of Approval" here.

If I’d known I’d be getting multiple, I’d have gotten the CU24 with a Floyd!

I'd love to find one of those to try. As much as I love my C24, I think it would kill with a Floyd. Especially if it was decked (which I know is not how they're made :( )

That near mint Trainwreck amp I saw for sale at GC (of all places) about 12 years ago for $3500! By the time I called my guy there back about it two days later, it was long gone. The only real gem I ever truly let 'get away'. :mad:

For the longest time I've wanted a guitar with a quilted Maple top, with a vivid bright red finish, cream colored edge (or binding) and a light brown back. To get the colors right, you'd need to imaging a Cherry Cheesecake. Yes, I've wanted a Cherry Cheesecake themed guitar forever but I have since lost all hope of ever getting one.
IMG_1454.jpg

For the longest time I've wanted a guitar with a quilted Maple top, with a vivid bright red finish, cream colored edge (or binding) and a light brown back. To get the colors right, you'd need to imaging a Cherry Cheesecake. Yes, I've wanted a Cherry Cheesecake themed guitar forever but I have since lost all hope of ever getting one.
IMG_1454.jpg

Yeah...I could get behind that. :cool:

IMG_1454.jpg

it’s not exactly what you want, but close...
https://mooreguitars.com/prs-custom-24-10-top-quilt-wood-library-maple-ebony-cherry-vanilla-060/

Am actually considering swapping out my LavaCable Tightrope connectors for LavaCable Piston connectors with Mini ELC cable. Perhaps in the New Year.

My reason for doing so is for building a better effects board with more reliable connectors that don't require tightening each time the board is transported to/from gigs. Soundchecks are still a fiasco with the Tightropes...need to upgrade to more reliable screw-tightened (or soldered) connectors.

(Used to own George L's, but these use smaller gauge wire and exhibit similar connection issues)

EDIT: After some consideration, located some LavaCable Piston Mini-ELC R/A Kit, extra cable and connectors on both eBay & Reverb at a discount compared to retail prices. Hope to have the old effects board rebuilt and up and running again soon...

Last edited:
Back