I wish I would’ve got...

I wish I would have got a good old fashioned BJ (maybe more) between sets like I did in olden times, preferably in some scummy mini van (for the sake of nostalgia). :)
Alas, those golden days appear to have disappeared for good. :(

a99kiUN.gif

This, the poster girl for the 2014 Collection McCarty 408. The universe has not heard my SOS, so here I am trying again. The most perfect flame I’ve ever seen. Not too shabby too, that pernambuco neck.
collection_electric_2014a.jpg

Last edited:
I hesitated just a little too long on a Graveyard 2...those were amazing, gone in a heartbeat, and I still haven’t seen any up for sale used.

There’s another model I covet...but I may have an opportunity to correct that soon.

I also wish I bought another of the early core Angelus customs...spectacular guitars.
Here you are! Spectacular specimen if you ask me, especially the back!
http://m.musicforce.co.kr/product/p...art-webony-fb-/17612/category/1244/display/1/
1.JPG
9.JPG

Any takers? :D

Last edited:
There’s a certain non PRS amp I sold several years ago that has been listed FS at a really good price that I wish I could get back. Not really the point of the thread, but man, it’s eating at me a bit.

Oh, my other "wish I would have" is another one I've mentioned many times here... the 25 watt Purple/Tan Archon combo for $800. Tried it in the store and didn't fall in love the way I thought I would. Know now FOR SURE it was ALL on the speaker, as I've even played my Archon with open back cabs and other speakers and always find something to love. It was pristine. Guy one it in a contest from Sweetwater, picked it up, and came straight to the store to trade it on a Custom 22 they had in stcok. Tags never removed, etc.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but the PRS version of the Tele bridge is some of their finest innovation. Everything I hate about an ashtray bridge is gone...stamped base with sharp edges, height adjustment screws with sharp edges, crappy materials. It’s made economically but preserves the design uniqueness that makes it a Tele bridge. Oh, and my intonation is spot-on and hasn’t wavered since I bought it...said no one with a Tele, ever!

Highly, highly recommended.

I find that interesting seeing as I actually like the traditional Tele bridge. There are no sharp edges on mine anymore because years of cutting into my hand has dulled them. Most modern Tele style bridges feel like they're missing something. One of these days I'll have to try a Vela.

As far as the original question, I've always regretted passing on a West St Limited. One of these days.

I thought the same thing when they were new. My only issue with the one I was looking at was the color. That usually wouldn't stop me but it did that time.

The second one I bought wasn’t my first choice in color... I used to think I liked the red best, but have totally come around on the two brownish ones.

Whichever color you find for a price you can live with will eventually win you over.

The second one I bought wasn’t my first choice in color... I used to think I liked the red best, but have totally come around on the two brownish ones.

Whichever color you find for a price you can live with will eventually win you over.

Red was my preference and I just couldn't do brown at the time. I'm less concerned now.

I wish I would have gotten an Artist V in eriza verde instead of the red. I didn’t like the red enough in person which caused me to get ride of a hell of a nice guitar.

Back