I was just reminiscing about the past

Straight_six

Always originate, never duplicate
And remembered buying a pair of greenbacks from a guy who I think was in Mt Vernon in Baltimore back in the early to mid '90s. He claimed that these particular speakers were originally hand picked by the man himself "Paul" to be put into production amps that never came to light. Is the story true I'll probably never know but I still have them after all these years and probably always will lol.

The Celestions in the HG-70 combos and cabs were made to PRSh specs.
I found this years ago...

<Speaker info from Celestion: The speakers are G12-50's issued on 23/03/89 as a special design for Paul Reed Smith Guitars. They are not the same as a G12M Greenback, but have some common features. They use a similar magnet assembly (35oz ceramic), the same vintage specification paper cone, but have a different voice coil (Nomex paper) which will take 50W rather than 25, but doesn't have the same sound. At low gain levels and volumes these will sound like a G12M, but perhaps not quite as sweet or open. However, with high gain and when pushed
these will retain clarity and definition better than a G12M, and will also give better clean headroom.>

They sound GREAT, btw. ;)

Back