I want one... CU 24 Sandblasted

I did find a couple more on eBay from Germany, in other colors. I really like the sandblasted look. Unfortunately, not in the budget, right now.

This was a European release, and one of the best looking SE’s I’ve seen. They did come in quite a number of colors, and there are still several in the UK and elsewhere. I’m pretty sure they were Korean made.

Cool looking guitars for sure. Curiously they were overseas only. Probably would’ve done well with the metal crowd here.
PRS doesn’t seem to want to sell guitars for metal. There’s a lot of space in the SE line for options to go after LTD and Schecter, but the Holcomb (and maybe Tremonti or baritones) are all they offer. More matte finishes, single pickups etc could juice this.

PRS doesn’t seem to want to sell guitars for metal. There’s a lot of space in the SE line for options to go after LTD and Schecter, but the Holcomb (and maybe Tremonti or baritones) are all they offer. More matte finishes, single pickups etc could juice this.
Not sure it’s exactly that. I think it was a matter of broadening their market. There was a time when they dominated the Nu-metal market. While it did well to popularize PRS, I’d hear lots of people on forums pigeonhole them into that genre too even though they had done lots in the classic rock and other genres prior. So while they keep some popular artists that are in the hard rock/metal vein, it’s not the biggest selling market out there either. Probably not the main target. PRS has done a tremendous job growing the company so it’s hard to debate what they’re doing and who they want the focus of the marketing on.

Back