I tried to order an Archon today

sleary

I was at my dealer today and tried to order an archon. Not able to ship to Canada because not approved by the CSA...wth...so bummed

Holy crap wedge that's awesome.

Here's my real beef ...The guitar shop and axe music both have them in stock. If the archon has safety issues then how are they getting across the border? I'm gonna talk again with Long and McQuade today and this time I'm going to the ceo instead of the purchasing department.

I was at my dealer today and tried to order an archon. Not able to ship to Canada because not approved by the CSA...wth...so bummed

I was under the impression Canada and the US have reciprocal agreements regarding electrical safety and related, such that anything CSA approved can be sold in the US, and anything UL approved can be sold in Canada.

I'm gonna check my Archon for a CSA approval mark anyway, though...

Sounds very fishy.

I just checked mine. It has a CE mark, which is even better, although not directly equivalent to the UL or CSA marking (which are explicitly about safety, whereas CE is broader) - it is acceptable to US, Canadian and European markets, and probably other parts of world, AFAIK. From Wikipedia (so it must be true!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

There are numerous 'Agreements on Mutual Recognition of Conformity Assessment' between the European Union and other countries such as the USA, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel.

I'd ask Long and McDonalds (an old nickname from my friends - some staff were barely capable of "would you like fries with that?") to double check that "policy"...

The Guitar Shop in Toronto has several Archons on their website.

Toronto's still in Canada, right? ;)

The Guitar Shop in Toronto has several Archons on their website.

Toronto's still in Canada, right? ;)

Well, if you are a true Torontonian, the actual question is whether Canada is still rotating around Toronto...

;)

Great city, though. I love Toronto.

I agree - I lived on the fringes of the city, in geometric order, an insulated border, in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown...

Sorry, Subdivisions possession.

Actually, I lived in the far unlit unknown too. Never could afford to live right downtown.

Anyway...there is a lot of stuff to do in Toronto and the greater metropolitan area. Beyond the usual downtown core with the CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, sports arenas and stadiums, there is the lakefront area, Yorkville (TIFF!), Queen St East and West, Little Italy, The Danforth, The Beaches, "uptown" at Yonge and Eglinton, Chinatown (downtown, Richmond Hill, and Scarborough), and so on. It took me years to figure out that "Toronto" wasn't just bad traffic, Maple Leaf Gardens (RIP), and late night record shops,

Call it impulsive, call it compulsive, call it insane...

sorry, now channeling BNL Brian Wilson...

Wouldn't buying from a Canadian dealer be WAY cheaper with the current exchange rates? You can get an Archon head and cab from The Guitar Store for what a combo costs after you convert the funds.

Oh wait... you mean your canadian dealer claimed they couldn't get one? Sounds like someone is misinformed.

I'll be talking to the Ceo of long and mcquade on Tuesday . We'll get it straightened out ...

Toronto has a lot of nice things about it. The Burger Shop in Toronto is by far a little jem in the city. Best burger I ever had. Not to mention the Opera House is a great venue to go to. Very old and lots of rich history.

Then there's the distillery district. Haha lets get drunk lol

Love TO. We ended up there on our honeymoon, and I knew I was in a great place when I pulled the curtains in the hotel room and was greeted by the neon record on Sam The Record Man. It's a shame so many of the little record stores are gone now. We hit the World's Biggest Book Store multiple times whenever we get to town. One year, we stumbled into a place called Steak And Burger. Wow! It was so good we went back the next day for lunch. Sadly, that chain seems to be long gone as well. I love going to the Hockey Hall Of Fame - was there when it was in the Exhibition Grounds, and there a couple times in the new place. And I love CN Tower - I have pictures of us laying on the glass floor. We're talking about going back this year - and if we do, I want to do the Edge Walk. If I can keep from soiling myself.

There are so may little towns other than Toronto that have a lot of beauty . One is just near Toronto actually. I believe it's called stevensville. They make creemore ale there and have tours. A must see for the die hard beer drinker. I might be going there in the early summer just to see the old way of brewing beer. Of course on the way back, hit The Guitar Shop lol...

My city is a tourist destination. 3 Shakespeare theatres !!! The Festival, The Avon Theatre and The Tom Patterson Theatre. The city swells in population from April to the end of October . Lots of restaurants and MOM/pop stores . Population of 31 000 regular citizens year round

Damn we need a bigger guitar store lol

There are so may little towns other than Toronto that have a lot of beauty . One is just near Toronto actually. I believe it's called stevensville. They make creemore ale there and have tours. A must see for the die hard beer drinker. I might be going there in the early summer just to see the old way of brewing beer. Of course on the way back, hit The Guitar Shop lol...

My city is a tourist destination. 3 Shakespeare theatres !!! The Festival, The Avon Theatre and The Tom Patterson Theatre. The city swells in population from April to the end of October . Lots of restaurants and MOM/pop stores . Population of 31 000 regular citizens year round

Damn we need a bigger guitar store lol

Ah, so you live in Stratford? I've seen about 8 or 9 plays there, all Shakespeare, with my first wife, she was an English Major and Shakespeare nut.

Creemore Springs Lager just tastes like an ale. Was my house beer for many years, before Molson's bought them. I still enjoy it on tap or in bottle whenever up visiting. It was brewed in Creemore, about 20 miles from where I used to live. But since Molson's bought it, I have no idea where it might be brewed now. But Stevensville is down near Fort Erie, south of St Catharines, so I don't think that is what you meant.

I feel your pain ,i tried getting one here in Ottawa at Long and Mcquade no dice.

Then I went to another local shop were a friend of mine teaches ,they just started getting in some PRS SE stuff .I asked the owner if he could just bring in the 50 watt or 100 watt head for me to try , he said he would call the rep.

He did call me back the next day and said same thing .can't be brought into Canada .My suggestion is if you are in TO ,go to the guitar shop in Mississauga .I am thinking of going there .

I got to meet and chat with Eddie Van Halen for a couple minutes at Sam's years ago. He was as nice as could be.

Love TO. We ended up there on our honeymoon, and I knew I was in a great place when I pulled the curtains in the hotel room and was greeted by the neon record on Sam The Record Man.

Back