I think I like f holes

grausch

n1gLgE4.jpg

and perhaps I like nail holes too...

ihF7B4R.jpg

As per usual, sometime last weekend, I was browsing eBay for used PRS guitars while the boys were lying in bed not wanting to go to sleep. Imagine my surprise when I saw a reclaimed Vela up for auction with just more than a day to go and no bids!

So of course, I added this to my watchlist expecting plenty of bidding to happen the last day. Next evening, there were still no bids. Once the boys fell asleep, I decided to go for my evening run, to help me make up my mind about this guitar. Needless to say, about 15 seconds into the run, I knew I needed to place a bid as the minimum bid was quite reasonable. Only problem was that finishing my run and getting home on time would not leave me with much time to place a bid. Well, that was sufficient motivation for a new personal best over 5.5 km.

Got home with enough time to spare and placed a bid shortly before expiry of the auction. Someone else also was watching the guitar and we must have placed our bids pretty much the same time. Luckily my maximum bid was higher than his / hers, and I ended up winning this beauty.

In all her glory

arFBMQS.jpg

A stunning backside view

vvbjAsY.jpg

Another nail hole

GvXI7iN.jpg

A surprisingly comfortable neck

jF8N5GZ.jpg

As I am a satin guitar freak, I can comment that the satin finish on this guitar is very, very nice. It is right up there in quality with my 20th Standard 24. It does not look like there is wood filler, but at the same time, I hardly feel any of the grain of the wood. More details on the satin differences can be found in a prior thread of mine here - https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/s2-satin-vs-older-usa-satin.26306/#post-359124

we all love a good backside view.
n1gLgE4.jpg

and perhaps I like nail holes too...

ihF7B4R.jpg

As per usual, sometime last weekend, I was browsing eBay for used PRS guitars while the boys were lying in bed not wanting to go to sleep. Imagine my surprise when I saw a reclaimed Vela up for auction with just more than a day to go and no bids!

So of course, I added this to my watchlist expecting plenty of bidding to happen the last day. Next evening, there were still no bids. Once the boys fell asleep, I decided to go for my evening run, to help me make up my mind about this guitar. Needless to say, about 15 seconds into the run, I knew I needed to place a bid as the minimum bid was quite reasonable. Only problem was that finishing my run and getting home on time would not leave me with much time to place a bid. Well, that was sufficient motivation for a new personal best over 5.5 km.

Got home with enough time to spare and placed a bid shortly before expiry of the auction. Someone else also was watching the guitar and we must have placed our bids pretty much the same time. Luckily my maximum bid was higher than his / hers, and I ended up winning this beauty.

In all her glory

arFBMQS.jpg

A stunning backside view

vvbjAsY.jpg

Another nail hole

GvXI7iN.jpg

A surprisingly comfortable neck

jF8N5GZ.jpg

As I am a satin guitar freak, I can comment that the satin finish on this guitar is very, very nice. It is right up there in quality with my 20th Standard 24. It does not look like there is wood filler, but at the same time, I hardly feel any of the grain of the wood. More details on the satin differences can be found in a prior thread of mine here - https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/s2-satin-vs-older-usa-satin.26306/#post-359124

Back