I Think I’m At The Point Where...

Oh man, I understand this completely. I've been without a band for seven months and I'm really missing the high of playing live but not the lows of late nights, heavy gear and idiot diva singers. I have been thinking about a band that never gigs out but rather plays more of a structured get together that includes wives and kids.
We do this now and then at our studio. Holds up to 80 or more.
Too much fun, and low stress.

Can I be the singer? I promise not to be an idiot diva singer.

Then maybe I can be the idiot diva singer! :)

I mean, I can’t sing, but I’m great at being a diva.

Whaddaya say, guys?

As an added special side bonus-plus, I can play the accordion. Kind of a ‘Cajun Earth, Wind and Fire Thing, complete with a non-diva singer and a diva singer. The possibilities are awesome.

Then maybe I can be the idiot diva singer! :)

I mean, I can’t sing, but I’m great at being a diva.

Whaddaya say, guys?

As an added special side bonus-plus, I can play the accordion. Kind of a ‘Cajun Earth, Wind and Fire Thing, complete with a non-diva singer and a diva singer. The possibilities are awesome.

Well Les, that means we will need a loud guitar player and a not loud guitar player

... I enjoy guitars more than being in a band.

The sweaty dudes, bass players, tracking drums, band photos, social media likes, artwork, smoke breaks, dinner breaks, hauling gear, planning, unrealistic expectations, grandiose dreams... I mean, it’s not them (the band), it’s me, I’ve been doing it too long, and I’m too cynical. I just can’t get pumped up for the big letdown anymore.

Is it okay if I just enjoy playing guitar by myself? Can I just be geeked about buying a guitar just for the sake of it, without having to do anything productive with it?
Yes! I genuinely find it to be a relaxing mental therapy for me after a long day at work.

Back