I Sense Hackering In The Forum

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
I didn't click on any of the threads, but it's easy to see that they are "foreign" to the normal vibes of this forum.

Best not to respond, report, have the threads deleted.

And definitely do not feed them after midnight (I.E. never click on the links).

Last edited:
Spam, hacking, etc, is way out of control now. The security companies and software are / is way behind the curve.

Could say more but it gets political which is a no no. But you know what I mean.

Spam, hacking, etc, is way out of control now. The security companies and software are / is way behind the curve.

Could say more but it gets political which is a no no. But you know what I mean.

The primary driver of spam across the internet is software used to build low quality backlinks. IE GSA + Scrapebox.

IIRC about two years ago GSA released machine learning product that can read captchas which is why a lot of places require a phone number too.

But yeah, nobody is actually really trying to sell a product via spam, it's just to build backlinks in an attempt to boost search engine rankings. What's funny though is that Google is definitely caught up in that regard and usually bans sites using blackhat techniques quickly.

What's funny though is that Google is definitely caught up in that regard and usually bans sites using blackhat techniques quickly.

Google also penalises websites that don't act very quickly to mitigate/minimise spam. If you run a forum you can't let that stuff linger around or Google will bury you.

I did my civic duty ;) Looks like there were a couple floating around this morning. I went ahead and reported them for whichever Admin gets on first.

You guys are doing too good of a job, I'm not seeing any of this wonderful spam to be amused by, it gets mis-appeared too quickly!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat random embedded link cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. https://imgflip.com/i/1axlar

Last edited:
That's pretty much what they all look like.

I deliberately put non-inflammatory links, just in case you guys accidentally click on them.

Last edited:
Back