I really dig YouTube for guitar lessons

I had Judas Priests Living After Midnight in my head yesterday, so I sat down with the new 408 and figured out how to play most of it before I turned to YouTube to watch a few videos on how to play it.
What I like to do is add my own bit of personality to an existing song instead of trying to nail it exactly.

How do you play the bridge on Livin' After Midnight? (that tangent a few measures long before you get to the guitar solo) I've seen a lot of people on youtube and other places but it never seems to sound exactly like THEY play it. PM me a good TAB if you have it.

As for the OP, I've heard of Marty. I like him. Even more when he plays his Heritage guitars instead of those... Gibsons. I also like Griff Hamlin.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you play the bridge on Livin' After Midnight? (that tangent a few measures long before you get to the guitar solo) I've seen a lot of people on youtube and other places but it never seems to sound exactly like THEY play it. PM me a good TAB if you have it.

As for the OP, I've heard of Marty. I like him. Even more when he plays his Heritage guitars instead of those... Gibsons. I also like Griff Hamlin.
I probably am doing it wrong, but I do a power A chord with my index finger and use the pinky or the one next to it to hit B string on the third fret I think (hard when I do not have a guitar in front of me) then I slide up the key board with barr chords.
I forget the chords too unless I have the guitar in front of me.
You are talking about the part that comes up at 1:44?

I think I do have a good page I saved and printed out for that song, but it is on my home PC.
If I have it there, I can post it later.

I am a terrible lead player, if I can even call it that, but that song has such a simple lead/riff part that only last a few seconds, and I think I nail it pretty good.

Not really a lesson, but I found it interesting.

Beginner Guitar Lessons - Drop D Tuning

Danzig - Mother - How to Play on Guitar - Guitar Lessons Heavy Metal and Hard Rock

I have always liked this song...

You are welcome Alan.

Led Zeppelin - Out On The Tiles Guitar Lesson

Back