I never knew this existed...what guitar is this? One of a kind?

Raymond

What looks like a Private Stock, one off, PRS designed, Knaggs built, Set neck Single cut kind of Strat or Tele?

https://worldguitars.co.uk/shop/prs-private-stock-chesapeake-choptank-1841/

DJrqxZ4.png

UpE2F9a.jpg

The story I heard was that Joe Knaggs was a PRS employee (that part I'm pretty positive is true), and that he had some new concepts for guitars that he was pushing pretty hard, and it just didn't work out between he and the company, so he went on and started his own shop. I heard it on the internet, so it must be true.

I'm sure someone here recount the events much more accurately though.

I've seen that style once or twice before. I have a feeling it was Joe trying out his thing before he went out on his own. There was also the Chesapeake as well.

That is one of 19 guitars made by Joe Knaggs under the Chesapeake brand; which was a sub of PRS guitars. Some were Severn models (S-type guitar). Some were Choptank's (shown above). A few were acoustics.

Joe left PRS and started Knaggs guitars with Peter Wolf; former Director of International Sales and owner of PRS Guitars, Germany. Orkie (John Ingram) was also working with them last time I spoke to him.

Some of the 19 Chesapeakes were rebranded (to Knaggs) when he left PRS.

That is one of 19 guitars made by Joe Knaggs under the Chesapeake brand; which was a sub of PRS guitars. Some were Severn models (S-type guitar). Some were Choptank's (shown above). A few were acoustics.

Joe left PRS and started Knaggs guitars with Peter Wolf; former Director of International Sales and owner of PRS Guitars, Germany. Orkie (John Ingram) was also working with them last time I spoke to him.

Some of the 19 Chesapeakes were rebranded (to Knaggs) when he left PRS.

So could one say that is one of the first Knaggs guitars made by Joe himself?

Is Knaggs' business going to be a success or slowly fade? I haven't been excited by a single model. Just not my thing, so I'm wondering if most feel like me or are they responding positively to his designs.

Is Knaggs' business going to be a success or slowly fade? I haven't been excited by a single model. Just not my thing, so I'm wondering if most feel like me or are they responding positively to his designs.

This is a PRS forum so don't wanna get too far off topic but I'm a big fan. Have more than a few in my stable. But then I've always been partial to his PRS designs too so maybe that's logical.

Probably worth noting they are in their 7th year now too, that must be fairly good going.

Last edited:
Back