I never introduced myself

TheSpiritRoom1

Hi, I'm Kristina. I'm 20 years old and I've been playing guitar since I was 8. I got my first PRS last year on November 5th, five days before my 20th birthday. It's a scarlet red PRS SE Orianthi and the first song I ever learned how to play on it was According to You. Orianthi is literally my guitar playing idol (she started following me on Twitter yesterday). If it wasn't for her making it acceptable to be better than my male counterparts, I wouldn't have gotten as advanced as I am. I am now at the point where I've surpassed the level of playing the two guitarists in my all time favorite band, The Summer Set, are at, both of whom are male and older than I am (one by four years, the other by a little more than just a year and a half). Their names are Josh Montgomery and John Gomez. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with them last year before a sold out show a band from my home state of Maryland, All Time Low, were playing. Josh and John know of my passion for guitars and my knowledge about them. After that same show, I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow PRS player. His name is Jack Barakat and he's the guitarist for All Time Low. The fact that we're both PRS players made for a good conversation piece. I showed him a picture of Orianthi (my guitar), in which he responded with, "That is one sick guitar" and then proceeded to take my phone out of my hand without asking or saying anything. The next time I get an opportunity to meet Jack, I'll be sure to ask him what his opinions are in regards to female guitarists. I'm sorry if this sounds like rambling. I get very passionate about music, guitars, and my experiences at concerts.

Here's Orianthi:

http://t.co/DriF4YtTAt

And here's the reason why Jack Barakat took my phone out of my hand (that's me in the picture with Jack):

Welcome to the forums. Nice guitar. The Orianthi Signature is pretty sweet. You'll certainly find your fill of PRS addicts here.

Nice guitar and I hope you find this is a place you like to visit regularly. Welcome aboard. :biggrin:

Welcome, Kristina!

BTW, Ori didn't make it acceptable to be a better player than men. It was always acceptable - there are a lot of great women players out there. Fortunately, I've been demoralized by enough players that a better player's gender doesn't even faze me anymore! Check out Donna Grantis, another PRS player and Prince's latest guitarist. Or Jill Sobule, Debbie Davies, Nina Gordon, or going way back, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Mother Maybelle Carter.

Welcome! We're all here rambling about PRS and music in general. That's why we're here!

Hi Kristina, and welcome to the forum. You have a fine guitarist idol in Orianthi. I've never met her, but from what I hear she is a nice, classy, sincerely good person. I like her music.

I'm glad you're here; I dig your enthusiasm. And if rambling is a crime, then I think we'll all be in trouble!

Goldtop Lloyd

Back