I need some help, anyone here in UK please read on if you can help

Fran in London

I am trying to get an Amber lampshade knob, but our European official PRS parts store is out of stock until June or later, I have found one or two for sale on ebay but they are from the US and have a hefty shipping cost.

Any UK based people here have one spare to sell to me I can PayPal you immediately.

Thanks

Below is what the amber ones look like I only need one. Cheers

images

Fran,

Have you tried www.prsguitars.com, and their accessories page? Select parts from "view by products" and you'll find them there. Hopefully PRS can ship to the UK...

As I mentioned in my original post, yes I have tried and they're out of stock and the USA PRS website parts and accessories automatically redirects me to the European website without allowing me access to their American web store, however I have emailed them and got this reply:

Hi Francis

Thanks for your email

This part is due to be back in stock by 30/5/2021

Many thanks for your support of PRS Guitars!

EDD ROBINSON

OFFICE SALES MANAGER

raw

PRS GUITARS EUROPE

D1 BUTTON END INDUSTRIAL ESTATE

HARSTON

CAMBRIDGE

CB22 7GX

+44 1223 874301

@Fran in London beware of import duty. You may find that you pay the same value or more in tax.

Exactly that's why I asked if anyone in UK would have a spare one before my thread was kind of hijacked by some knucklehead that said well if anyone has one in UK I want it too! (WTF?) I still haven't recovered from that deep stuipidity stunt. But I'll survive.

Unfortunately in UK the limit is very low. I think it could be anything over £20, and the postage is included in the value as well!

On top of this Royal Mail charge an Admin fee too!

Exactly that's why I asked if anyone in UK would have a spare one before my thread was kind of hijacked by some knucklehead that said well if anyone has one in UK I want it too! (WTF?) I still haven't recovered from that deep stuipidity stunt. But I'll survive.

OK, no bother. Just wanted to avoid you paying over the odds.

Prices do seem to vary, depending on the seller. Thomann did have them in stock, but I see everywhere in Europe is out at the moment.

These Amber Lampshade Knobs have been out of stock since last summer, if I'm not mistaken. I've been wanting them too. Sadly the EU store is so inferior than the US store when it comes to stock and special sale offers.

I hope this is okay to post. If not, mods please delete! I just got three knobs from AliExpress from a store called Guyker. (I can’t seem to post the link, but if you search “PRS Guyker control knobs” they should pop right up.) They arrived quickly and were well packaged. I just couldn’t wrap my head around $10/knob that PRS charges. They were a little loose so I just did the spreading the tines of the screw trick and they went on perfectly. Since I’m new to PRS, I can’t tell you if they look exactly the same as the core ones, but I like them. HTH!

These will be non PRS products which aren’t very popular on here as they are in violation of copywright design (I believe). Sorry to be that guy.

These will be non PRS products which aren’t very popular on here as they are in violation of copywright design (I believe). Sorry to be that guy.

Oh, no need to be sorry! I wasn’t sure if it was allowed or not so glad to have the info. I will delete my post!

Many thanks for the head’s up.

Would you have to pay if I just put one in a small padded envelope and mailed it to you?

Would you have to pay if I just put one in a small padded envelope and mailed it to you?
Probably not. I've sent things to forum members in the UK before. It's hit and miss. Somethings get through, and some don't. If you end up doing it, you need to fill out a Customs Form at the post office. Take about 5 minutes. You need to declare what it is. You should also list it as a gift, and list the value as something small, like $3.00

Back