I need a vibrato arm for my new SE Silver Sky

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
How do i go about ordering one?

I bought it used online and the dealer is not a PRS dealer.

I live way out in the sticks in western Colorado so I'll have to order it online.

Thanks!

Awesome! That's not it it, but for $24 I found the one for the SE Silver Sky. Now I need the stainless steel screw for the bushing that holds the arm in place. I see it as part of a kit, but not by itself.

Last edited:
Awesome! That's not it it, but for $24 I found the one for the SE Silver Sky. Now I need the stainless steel screw for the bushing that holds the arm in place. I see it as part of a kit, but not by itself.
John Mann might be able to hook you up with something like that.

Yes. But I believe he responds well to a phone call.
Yes I see his phone number at the top of his webpage. I'll give him a call Monday. Thanks!

I love the guitar, BTW.

It needed some set up work and the fret ends were a little sharp.

Put a couple of hours into fixing it up.

Filed and polished the fret ends, cleaned and oiled the fingerboard, put on .010 - .046 strings, adjusted the vibrato and pickup height, set the intonation.

The guitar is like new but whoever owned it before me had it set up all screwy and killed the original strings, which were still on it.

This is my second Silver Sky so I was able to use the vibrato arm from my first to set the vibrato up correctly on this one.

Guys on other forums who say it's just an $850 import Strat don't know what they're talking about.

I doubt that most of them have actually played a SE Silver Sky.

They're just being trolls, blowing smoke and dissing it because they've seen pictures of it and either don't like the peghead shape or don't like John Mayer.

It's a great sounding and playing guitar. A totally professional instrument.

And now I have two. One green and one white.

Last edited:
Got everything ordered. Thanks!
Excellent! I've not played an SE Silver Sky (I have a US-made one), but they sound like great instruments! The SEs that I do have are fantastic values, so I don't doubt the SE Silver Skys are also fab.

Excellent! I've not played an SE Silver Sky (I have a US-made one), but they sound like great instruments! The SEs that I do have are fantastic values, so I don't doubt the SE Silver Skys are also fab.

The fingerboard is a little flatter in the SE and the polepieces of the pickups are a little flatter too, so that they match the flatter radius of the SE.

I'd love to own a US made Silver Sky! The one I tried sounded slightly more like an early 60's Strat.

But I preferred the neck and fingerboard radius of the SE.

Back