I need a McCarty. With trem. With piezo...

I've only heard the 53/10s in a couple guitars, but loved them. I like the crispness and clarity. From a cosmetic perspective, I much prefer covered pups.

Sergio, the third has to be different, narrow, more spanky.

Casi, when are you ordering your PS? Is there a vault trip in the works for as soon as PRS opens back up?

I've only heard the 53/10s in a couple guitars, but loved them. I like the crispness and clarity. From a cosmetic perspective, I much prefer covered pups.

Sergio, the third has to be different, narrow, more spanky.

Casi, when are you ordering your PS? Is there a vault trip in the works for as soon as PRS opens back up?

I definitely want to take a trip there either late this year or early next year. I could use my bonus money next spring to buy a PS, but I need to be sure of the specs first. I change my mind quite a bit, lol.

I definitely want to take a trip there either late this year or early next year. I could use my bonus money next spring to buy a PS, but I need to be sure of the specs first. I change my mind quite a bit, lol.

I get it. That's a commitment and getting it right makes sense. Let us know if you need help deciding, that way we can live vicariously through your experience.

Who knows what @justmund needs now? People change. :D

You are right. I completely regret what I said. @justmund, I apologize profusely. I'm sorry to insinuate my beliefs on your current lifestyle. If you want to go a different route (hehehe), I completely understand and am supportive of your views, decisions, and choice of lifestyle.

Just please show photos when you can. ;)

Nice! In your opinion, how does the rosewood neck/Ebony board compare to other wood combos?

Would you happen to have any videos or sound clips?

There's 85/15's in this guitar. I haven't tried any other pickups or heard 85/15's in any other guitar so wouldn't know what difference would be the wood combination or the pickups. And it does sound great to me and the rosewood neck is sublime to play.

“And all I can do is keep on telling you
I want you, I need you
But-there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you
Now don't be sad...”

Yeah. That’s how I feel about my Custom 24. I like it but ... that neck makes me sad. I need the trem though. The trem on that one is a beautiful thing.

None of my PRS guitar have the stock model wood. They are all some weird WL or AP combo... right now everything has Brazilian or Indian rosewood in the combo. That’s why I think I need a mahogany neck with an ebony board to diversify my life but I’m curious as to how the rosewood ebony combo compares. I had ebony on maple neck on a Custom 24 but that was the only non rosewood spec’d PRS I’ve ever had.

As for 53/10 pickups, I’ve kinda convinced myself that those pups prefer a stoptail. Or it might just be that my ears prefer them with a stoptail. I have a set that were taken out of a P22 stoptail (which I never played in that model); I tried them in two Custom 24s and didn’t care for them. They sounded brighter and thinner in those guitars.

Looking at the specs on the new piezo models, I see they come stock with 85/15 pickups. Those aren’t my faves and I hear that only certain pickups work with the piezo (magnet magic?). That limits everything. If I find a nice P22 trem, I might snap it up and try my 53/10s in it since they came out of one. Otherwise, I will hold out for a PS build.

My McTrem has 57/08’s in it.

Back