I need a "McCarty Expert"

Orpheus

Well maybe anyone could help me here.
Do all McCarty guitars have a thicker body than the core line(Custom22/24) ?
I've seen MC58, MacCarty DC245,SC 594, DC594 and probably some more that I don't know. So I was wondering if every single PRS MacCarty has a thicker body or it's just one/some of them.

I own a P22 and am about to pull the trigger on a DC245 but wanted to clear that out.

I had a DC245 before getting my MC58. I am convinced it was the same guitar but with a different headstock. The feel, the tone, the weight - it seemed identical. As far as I know, just the name "McCarty" means it's thicker than a Custom.

Yepp, as far as I'm aware, anything labelled as a McCarty will always have a thicker body than a Custom 22/24

I had a DC245 before getting my MC58. I am convinced it was the same guitar but with a different headstock. The feel, the tone, the weight - it seemed identical. As far as I know, just the name "McCarty" means it's thicker than a Custom.

please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the McCarty 58 has the 25 inch scale length, and to me that definitely changes the flavor of the guitar. I prefer the 24.5 or 24.6 inch. and as the rest point out they are definitely thicker bodies all around.

please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the McCarty 58 has the 25 inch scale length, and to me that definitely changes the flavor of the guitar. I prefer the 24.5 or 24.6 inch. and as the rest point out they are definitely thicker bodies all around.

Yeah, my mistake....24.5 on the DC245 vs 25 on the MC58. They still felt INDENTICAL. I traded one for the other. The only time scale really gets me is if I am playing a 22.5" scale Fender Duo Sonic then moving back up.

Yeah, my mistake....24.5 on the DC245 vs 25 on the MC58. They still felt INDENTICAL. I traded one for the other. The only time scale really gets me is if I am playing a 22.5" scale Fender Duo Sonic then moving back up.

The first electric I spent time on was a duo sonic that belonged to my uncle.
I'm glad it went away. It was enough to get me hooked.

The first electric I spent time on was a duo sonic that belonged to my uncle.
I'm glad it went away. It was enough to get me hooked.

LOL - it got you hooked, but you were glad it went away....did you like it? I ask because I LOVE them - especially with an old Silvertone amp and a Big Muff!!!

Back