My ideal PRS...

Custom 22 - check
Adjustable stoptail - check
Charcoal Burst - check
Covered 58/15 pups - check
10 Top - check
Available funds - UNcheck

ceqvM4X.png

I know if I squirrel away some funds each month for the next year I can pay for this (just can't lay out the $4K right now). The question is this... this seems like a really unique CU22 - what's the chance of something like this ever being available again, or do you think it was a special order?

P.S. If someone sees this post and buys this thing, I will hunt you down, jam with you, and then politely (or forcefully) suggest you take my CU22 SE in exchange. :mad:

My ideal PRS...

Custom 22 - check
Charcoal Burst - check
10 Top - check

ceqvM4X.png

I know if I squirrel away some funds each month for the next year I can pay for this (just can't lay out the $4K right now). The question is this... this seems like a really unique CU22 - what's the chance of something like this ever being available again, or do you think it was a special order?

P.S. If someone sees this post and buys this thing, I will hunt you down, jam with you, and then politely (or forcefully) suggest you take my CU22 SE in exchange. :mad:

You need that guitar. Who knows if you will find one like it in 3 months, 6 months, next year.. I havent seen many with the covered pups or that stoptail.

Listen to your enablers. Pull. That. Trigger.

o_O

Can you finance it through the site? Same thing as setting the cash aside over a few years.

You guys are killing me!! (But really, what did I expect!?)

Yeah, financing is available - "as low as $93/month" (that would take 3 1/2 years to pay off.) I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what kind of deal they can give me... I mean, it is old stock now (2017) ;-)

Can you not get a stoptail 10-top C22 later and replace components?

How common are stoptail C22's? This is the first I've seen. The closest I've seen is a (non-594) McCarty - I'd be fine with that if I could find one in charcoal burst.

My ideal PRS...

Custom 22 - check
Charcoal Burst - check
10 Top - check

ceqvM4X.png

This CU22 config is a rare bird indeed. The main difference between this and a McCarty is this one has a 5-way switch and a Pattern Thin neck profile (because the listing says so). VERY NICE AXE. How long will it last....?

How common are stoptail C22's? This is the first I've seen. The closest I've seen is a (non-594) McCarty - I'd be fine with that if I could find one in charcoal burst.

It was fairly common, I think, but they dropped it as an option last year.

You can definitely get a McCarty in Charcoal Burst. Sweetwater has five right now:

Non-10 (a couple of these are particularly nice looking)
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...mLm-2AIVUzuBCh2YiAvOEAkYASABEgJcQPD_BwE#modal

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/McCarty10CB#modal

You can buy both the adjustable stoptail and covered 57/08’s and convert any custom 22.... even a used one for a third of the price of that new one.

It was fairly common, I think, but they dropped it as an option last year.

You can definitely get a McCarty in Charcoal Burst. Sweetwater has five right now:

Non-10 (a couple of these are particularly nice looking)
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...mLm-2AIVUzuBCh2YiAvOEAkYASABEgJcQPD_BwE#modal

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/McCarty10CB#modal

Yeah, I saw those as well - nice selection! Might go in that direction as they're priced a little lower, but wanted to support a smaller shop who've been good to me in the past.

Somewhat related question... I've always liked the feel and location of the 3-way toggle on the non-594 PRSi. Comparing a McCarty-style 3-way toggle with pull coil-tap, versus a 5-way blade, what is the general consensus of one over the other? Personal preferences, variety of tones, etc?

Yeah, I saw those as well - nice selection! Might go in that direction as they're priced a little lower, but wanted to support a smaller shop who've been good to me in the past.

Somewhat related question... I've always liked the feel and location of the 3-way toggle on the non-594 PRSi. Comparing a McCarty-style 3-way toggle with pull coil-tap, versus a 5-way blade, what is the general consensus of one over the other? Personal preferences, variety of tones, etc?

It's a trade-off. They each give you options the other one doesn't have. I prefer the split-with-resistor wiring over the stock blade sounds. I think the blade setup is better for modding, however, so I added a push/pull and rewired the blade on my Custom to get the best of both worlds.

Ergonomically, I feel like the blade is a little too far away. I'd prefer it if the 509 setup was the norm. I've always liked the standard location of the toggle, though. Easy to just reach back and smack it into position.

You guys are killing me!! (But really, what did I expect!?)

Yeah, financing is available - "as low as $93/month" (that would take 3 1/2 years to pay off.) I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what kind of deal they can give me... I mean, it is old stock now (2017) ;-)
Not to enable, but it doesn’t need to take that long. Just pay the minimum until you have the funds to increase payments or pay off.

Beautiful guitar...always been partial to the charcoal burst and that's a NICE one!!! Pull the trigger and worry about the payments later :)

Back