I might trade for an older McCarty but

mojo1fan

I've found an older McCarty at a shop a couple hours away from me. I've done deals with the guy before and he's always made fair trades. I'm considering driving up this weekend to check it out.

I have a mint 2015 LP Deluxe Goldtop that I'd offer in trade. It's a great guitar but I'd love a McCarty. My question is the neck. I'm fairly certain the McCarty neck will be Wide/Fat. Is that correct?

This is not the guitar but it's the same color.

n4nmvxut5qbhvyhvn6sc.jpg

Yep. Wide fat.

I have a LP and a McCarty and the McCarty definitely is in the same territory but it's "slicker." If that makes sense.

Yuppers...WF all day , every day...Great necks.
You should be able to get a killer HB tone from the McCarty.
Check out the push/pull coil tap...being an older model, there may be a slight volume drop when out.
This is something PRS has improved upon wonderfully with more recent models, and easy fix, if even necessary at all.
Its a win-win assuming your Gold Top doesn't have coil splitting anyway.

As Nike says...Just Do It!!!!

I used to have a rosewood neck McCarty and I loved the sound of it but I just wasn’t a fan of the neck at all . I’ve wanted to get another one for a little while now but can’t find one that I would want yet. I just want a black one.

I had a music man Luke is nice with a rosewood neck and didn’t like that either I should have learned . However the guy that has the McCarty now loves it.

Back