I might be a ... guitar snob

Casi1

:(

My custom 24 arrived and its awesome. Its perfect but while I hooked it up to my amp and played around with it for a few seconds, I suddenly realized that I could never love another guitar that doesnt have this level of quality, beauty, and tone. Now that I know that this magic combination exists, I need it to be happy with my guitar. This realization is both awesome and sad at the same time. Paul Reed Smith has ruined me FOREVER.

Don't worry about it - you have great taste in guitars. I have either owned (or still own) or played all of the major brands, and I always use my PRS S2 CU24's fo 99.9% of my sonic adventures. Welcome to the addiction - one is never enough.

What is it about these guitars? I mean really. Its just wood, and some strings. Right? Lol. Most shops have walls of 'decent' and 'average' guitars and these guitars sell well; some can hold a tune, others dont have a chance in hell but they still sell. Has anyone ever discovered a crappy PRS guitar?

What is it about these guitars?

At the risk of invoking cheesy, flowery language: they sing. They have soul.

The materials and build quality stun me. I think you can only achieve this sort of end result through teams of people who really care about and take pride in their work. That's a rarity in this world, and why these stand out.

What is it about these guitars? I mean really. Its just wood, and some strings. Right? Lol. Most shops have walls of 'decent' and 'average' guitars and these guitars sell well; some can hold a tune, others dont have a chance in hell but they still sell. Has anyone ever discovered a crappy PRS guitar?

Mr. Paul Smith hisself has spent pretty much his whole life studying the best guitars he can put his hands on, trying to decode the mysteries of what makes them great, and figuring out how to build that magic into new guitars. Oh, and he founded a company that is really about making the best production guitars possible and surrounded himself with people who work really hard at it. Yeah, they're special. There's a lot of skull sweat and hard work that goes into all of them.

Hands down, they are the best production line guitars manufactured, period. Watch the Shawn employee build video; if you ain't a believer after that, well... I've owned and played PRS guitars since 1989, and the quality and consistency has always been top notch...improvements where needed, attention to detail, employees who take pride in their craft, an owner who's always pushing the envelope resulting in an instrument far superior to any other guitar manufacturer on the planet. In the immortal words of Forest Gump: "that's all I've got to say about that"!

Last edited:
Back