I may have committed sacrilege...

andross182

According to the PRS Tremonti Signature Lovers FB group anyway, as they won't approve my post about how I replaced the pickups in the Tremonti with 58/08s and I have to say.....

These pickups are amazing! Coupled with push/pull pots they opened this thing up to a whole new world of tonal color! Don't get me wrong, the old pickups were great they were just limited in what ground they could cover. I wanted a set in this guitar that would complement the 59/09s in my Custom 24 as dialing in my amp to have a great bridge sound and great neck sound on the Custom 24 was ice picks and flubby on the Tremonti without re EQing the amp. I can now happily say that the new pickups eliminate that massive swing but still sound tastefully different!

So far my favorite new sound is splitting the neck pickup with some delay and just a touch of chorus, it seriously just sings!

I am going to have to do some serious A/Bing between the two guitars and hopefully really open up my Archon and Roadster to see what these babies can do (wife permitting of course). Anyone else take the plunge with their Tremonti? (or other guitar for that matter?

A persons tonal preference is a goal in it's self. If it floats your boat go for it.
It's been going on since day one. All the best.!!!

Well, I approve your post! I've been loving the 57/08s for a while, now. I don't have a Tremonti to experiment with, but every PRS I've played with the 57/08s has sounded great. Enjoy!

The only problem with "TONAL PREFERENCE " is it changes over time.Todays tone fulfills today's needs...Tomorrow brings a new quest for the "TONE" you thought you heard yesterday that today is just a "little" off...But hey‼️There's always TOMORROW ‼️

I bet it sounds awesome! I like the Tremonti bridge pickup but didn't care for the neck. I love 57/08s. My favorite PRS pickup.

SACRILEGE!! The Tremonti bridge pup is one of my long standing favorites. Absolutely killer rock/metal tones. It's full, it cuts, the pick attack, the chunk....it has it all for that style and I'm not scared to play its clean tones either.

SACRILEGE!! The Tremonti bridge pup is one of my long standing favorites. Absolutely killer rock/metal tones. It's full, it cuts, the pick attack, the chunk....it has it all for that style and I'm not scared to play its clean tones either.

It's clean tones were part of the problem for me. What was clean on my custom 24 was well into breakup on the Tremonti and rolling back volume made the amp lack the punch I needed when the cab was miced. The pickups were great, they just weren't great for the crowd I generally play in front of on Sunday mornings

It's clean tones were part of the problem for me. What was clean on my custom 24 was well into breakup on the Tremonti and rolling back volume made the amp lack the punch I needed when the cab was miced. The pickups were great, they just weren't great for the crowd I generally play in front of on Sunday mornings
That's cool, I play mine Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights too.

Bah! Looks like the push/pull pots I got are defective. Good thing I had my custom 24 as a backup. The bridge pickup cut out then came back, and now the neck pickup is dead. These were professionally installed by a PRS dealer who has the guitar open on his bench right now. The bridge pickup tone pot will only conduct when the solder is warm and it dies when it's cold. However bypassing the pot the pickup works fine.

Back