I Made it A Whole Year

21Hemispheres12

Old Member
For 2021 I decided to try and not buy or sell a guitar for the whole year, something I probably haven’t done since I started playing 19 years ago. Well, I made it! It actually wasn’t that difficult and I was really able to bond with my guitars and figured out exactly what I liked about each one.

I came to the conclusion that my 24-08 and SSH are absolute keepers and never going anywhere. I love my reclaimed CE24 still but it does feel a bit redundant to my 24-08 and the biggest shock to me was the 594.

I grew up playing mostly Les Paul’s so I thought I’d love the 594 but for some reason I just can’t bond with it. It sounds absolutely amazing but I think I’m getting hung up on the big neck and frets. So that leads me to a possible 2022 purchase.

I’ve long wanted a birth year guitar and the absolute perfect one just popped up on reverb. In order to swing it I’d need to sell the 594 and the CE24. My question to everyone here with experience with older PRS, do you think it’s worth it to pick up a 90s model? It apparently has multi tap pickups in it and I can’t find anything about them from back in the 90s, do not being able to play it before buying would definitely be a leap of faith for me.

Now let me throw in this, one is a 90 signature series in scarlet burst and the other is a 90 10 top in vintage yellow. The top on the vintage yellow one is crazy but the scarlet burst one is pretty unique and hand signed and numbered and they are both about the same price.

Now let me throw in this, one is a 90 signature series in scarlet burst and the other is a 90 10 top in vintage yellow. The top on the vintage yellow one is crazy but the scarlet burst one is pretty unique and hand signed and numbered and they are both about the same price.
Either will be a fine guitar.
I would be torn between the vintage yellow (love the colour) 10 top, and the signature switching.
My friend has a trick for these coin toss situations: toss the coin and see how disappointed you are with what the coin chooses. It’s a good way to separate your emotional truth from what you might rationalize.

Personally I have changed everything about my late 90s 24. Guitar was amazing off the bat (except pickups), I just wanted to take it up to the modern times a notch.

The guitars in question…
Yft1r1T_d.webp

DJ1vlCO_d.webp

My wife likes the red one but I really love the top on the yellow one, decisions decisions…

The guitars in question…
Yft1r1T_d.webp

DJ1vlCO_d.webp

My wife likes the red one but I really love the top on the yellow one, decisions decisions…

I'm a red guy all the way, but this time... YELLOW!

And,,,

Well you have the coolest name on the Forum,

I already typed before I saw your post, that with the coolest name in the form, (or maybe tied with mine :p), I'd hate to have to put him in front of the board for removal due to lack of fulfillment of duties, but since he's back in the game now, I vote that his full privileges be restored immediately.

If he buys the yellow one, we might even add a Xanadu in his screen name.

I’m terrible at making user names so I’m flattered you guys like mine so much, as usual I have Rush to thank for being cool! (Said no one ever)

If the red one had a better top I’d probably go for it but the yellow one just has the perfect top for an old school PRS, now I just need to get permission to proceed…

I’m terrible at making user names so I’m flattered you guys like mine so much, as usual I have Rush to thank for being cool! (Said no one ever)

If the red one had a better top I’d probably go for it but the yellow one just has the perfect top for an old school PRS, now I just need to get permission to proceed…
The nice thing about the older models is that they've taken the depreciation and will gain in value, especially that vintage yellow top.

Back