I Like Everyone Here

Kind of you to say that. Thank you.

How many of us do you think are still around?

I’m going to guess wildly and say at least 75%, but it’s hard to remember, even though it was only a few years ago.

What I DO remember very well is the tremendous effort you put into encouraging folks to post on the site when it first got going. You made sure it wasn’t going to fizzle out for lack of interest by doing that, and it worked. Look at what a success this site is! It’s far and away better than most manufacturer sites, and there’s a real sense of community.

I also recall hearing that you did a lot of work behind the scenes to make sure this site would run well. Sometimes folks have short memories, and newer members of course wouldn’t know. But I remember the effort, and I think newer members should know why this place is so great.

If there is such a thing as a website “founding father,” you’re the guy.

Granted, PRS had some great folks on top of things, too, and they still do; but you were here strictly out of enthusiasm, and to me, that’s noteworthy.

Credit where it’s due, man.

I owe you a huge thanks for so many reasons and one very special one.

I’m going to guess wildly and say at least 75%, but it’s hard to remember, even though it was only a few years ago.

What I DO remember very well is the tremendous effort you put into encouraging folks to post on the site when it first got going. You made sure it wasn’t going to fizzle out for lack of interest by doing that, and it worked. Look at what a success this site is! It’s far and away better than most manufacturer sites, and there’s a real sense of community.

I also recall hearing that you did a lot of work behind the scenes to make sure this site would run well. Sometimes folks have short memories, and newer members of course wouldn’t know. But I remember the effort, and I think newer members should know why this place is so great.

If there is such a thing as a website “founding father,” you’re the guy.

Granted, PRS had some great folks on top of things, too, and they still do; but you were here strictly out of enthusiasm, and to me, that’s noteworthy.

Credit where it’s due, man.

I can’t agree with this more.

@]-[@n$0Ma☩!© is the reason I joined here, and trying to do my part to preserve his legacy is why I’m still here.

Sorry, Late to the party...I love you guys, man! (And women). Seriously, great place to chat, and smile a little. And I really want to spend more time chatting with you all in May. But you-know-who makes it pretty difficult with all the cool crap laying around.

MacKenzie Tuttle Bezos is a distant relative, probably a common relative from 1634. If I was so blessed to pick up a couple of hundred million or so from her generosity I would create a special community somewhere based on owning certain instruments. The community center would have studios, and practice as well as performance areas along with humidor rooms and a 'spirits and wine' cellar". It would have to be on a lake with some mountains nearby as well.

If this appeals to you do two things:

a) provide your own suggestions as to amenities and location

b) pray like hell she even knows who I am.

MacKenzie Tuttle Bezos is a distant relative, probably a common relative from 1634. If I was so blessed to pick up a couple of hundred million or so from her generosity I would create a special community somewhere based on owning certain instruments. The community center would have studios, and practice as well as performance areas along with humidor rooms and a 'spirits and wine' cellar". It would have to be on a lake with some mountains nearby as well.

If this appeals to you do two things:

a) provide your own suggestions as to amenities and location

b) pray like hell she even knows who I am.
Plenty of lakes with mountains up here in WA state - just saying! Just stay away from the Seattle / Eastside traffic snarl and a certain ex...

I've been on many forums for a time or a long time. One I was on from 99 just closed down. I don't plan to return to their new site due to policies that are much the same as here, but were enforced in a rather dictatorial way. The other is rather free wheeling but lacks maturity both in the players, and the posters and I got bored with it rather quickly. It's slow as molasses there due to not an extreme, but noticeable lack of knowledge and experience. Then there is here. It's obvious that it's well run, maintained and corralled. PRS folks already have their back against the wall due to the mythic reputation of PRS guitars and professional doctors and lawyers. I don't care about that, I care about being treated as an adult. Here is where I find that.

Back